PDA

View Full Version : Eating at night!

The Badass
07-10-2002, 04:36 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, if you all can help me with this problem, you will be my saviors!

It took me quite some time to get to the point where it is a habit to workout out at least four days a week, and to eat right during the day and drink plenty of water. Because of this change in lifestyle, I lost about 20lbs and five inches off my waist. Now, I have probably another good 4 inches or so on my waist to burn off and that will probably get me the ever-elusive six-pack, because I have already lost a significant amount of body-fat (thanks to Hydroxy and Xen!) I can already see my obliques pretty well, nice little ripple, but the damn main part of my abs, the actual six pack, is smothered in about an inch thick layer of fat, and I know itís coming from the fact that I canít stop eating bad things at night. Itís not as bad as it used to be, but bad nonetheless. I know I should be a good boy and have a protein shake an hour before bed and be done with food for the day, but itís just so damn hard! What else can I eat thatís low carb and fat but will fill me up and keep me from eating other **** that I shouldnít? What tips do you guys have to try and avoid this or break the habit?

Before you say ďMake sure thereís not tempting food in the houseĒ, keep in mind I have a 2 year old son and a wife in the house who obviously donít have the same diet restrictions I have. Thanks!

Silverback
07-10-2002, 04:43 PM
you want to try and consume something fiberous and filling, my main option would be oatmeal once youve had some then you will only feel like your protein shake afterwards. maybe try and occupy yourself with something else to stop you from munching.

Somebody's signature made it for me that "your body is a mirror of your efforts" (superb) just think that you will not acheive what you want by doing what you are currently taking part in.

The Badass
07-10-2002, 04:52 PM
Oatmeal, huh? That's not a bad idea, if I can just find a way to stomach oatmeal. I know I can't eat the processed stuff, so it'll be tough to handle the pure stuff.

I love that quote you made reference to, "Your body is a mirror of your efforts"...it made me just say, Damn!

MWB
07-10-2002, 04:55 PM
I have a huge salad with balsamic vinegar before bed. It keeps me from getting hungry at night.

Silverback
07-10-2002, 05:24 PM
whats balsamic vinegar? sounds good

Badass, try and mix something with it, i.e. cinnamon, reduced sugar jam, i used to hate it. but since i heard its benefits i started and made myself like it, now i cant believe how i didnt take to it in the first place.

Manveet
07-10-2002, 06:01 PM
Whenever you crave something bad for you just ask yourself "How bad do I really want to have a six pac?" then hopefully you'll go and grab yourself a baggy of baby carrots, instead of the junk.

Budiak
07-10-2002, 08:43 PM
Eat some fruit. I used to eat fruit at night and I'd wake up in another state married to a woman I didnt know, but dammit, my pants fit again.

Fruit like grapefruit and oranges adds sugar to your liver's energy stores, so when you are low on blood sugar, it'll go to your liver for energy and there will be plenty there, so your muscles are spared.

At least that what science tells me and we all know that science is abject bullshit.