PDA

View Full Version : Beer Gut!??

LabiosDeMierda
07-10-2002, 10:18 PM
Hey all, im back... Whats the easiest way to get rid of a beer gut and love handles?? Im 20 and im packing crazy gut... Ive cut the soda and coffee, but beer is a problem due to the fact i party on the weekends is there any alcohol that is not very damaging to the diet/routine (i can down almost anything). Welp... im slowly removing beer, and taking in Bud Lights but i know thats not enough.... help?

cant be all work and no play...

Saint Patrick
07-10-2002, 11:23 PM
Replace the Bud Light w/ Tequila. :alcoholic
Also do cardio like 3x/ week
What does your diet look like?

Praetorian
07-11-2002, 03:19 AM
or switch to mr. Smirnov

Budiak
07-11-2002, 06:16 AM
Stop drinking Beer....

Dont drink any of the malt beverages, they're nothing but sugar. Your best bet if you still want to get hammered is straight, raw hard liquor. The clearer the better, like 151. I think its best because it doesnt have the sugar or crap that mixed drinks often have, and malt bevs, and fewer additives.

Skyy Vodka is a pure alcohol, no preservatives and no impurities in the alcohol, so you might be good drinking that. Although one ounce of alcohol still packs quite a few calories for what it is.

LabiosDeMierda
07-11-2002, 06:48 AM
stpatrick44:
Diet is being worked on, i just started say 3 weeks ago =D

Centaurion:
Vodka is a bit dry for me.

Budiak:
151 is Rum, Rum is made of Sugar Cane, its actually pure sugar =D, I know some folks that work for Bacardi + im a spic ;)

Im guessing Tequila is the way to go, i hear a shot of Whiskey can pack up to 500 Cals, wonder what a shot of rum carries...

Thanks alot guys! ;)

Say what do you all recomend as a starter diet, im looking to get used to eating healthy and on a schedule... =D help?

LabiosDeMierda
07-11-2002, 07:10 AM
ohh and for the diet question, please give me something simple and specific, i want to loose weight, and get used to eating 6 meals a day (i currently have two BIG meals) i also DONT mind eating tuna 5+ or more times a day (i know its not good but whatever its a start)

im 20, 6'1, 260Lbs, and up untill 2 weeks ago, lazier than a mofo... (im a Unix Admin)

gregnb
07-11-2002, 07:14 AM
im 20, 6'1, 260Lbs, and up untill 2 weeks ago, lazier than a mofo... (im a Unix Admin)

Ha, that's how I got to be so big myself before. God damn programming in *nix is addicting :/

LabiosDeMierda
07-11-2002, 09:13 AM
Its not the most glorious job but someones gotta do it...

I do mainly FreeBSD, Debian, Solaris administration + Security...

i cant code a script to save my life =P

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 09:22 AM
Actually, alcohol has 7 calories per gram or whatever, and that's excluding the sugar and whatever else is added to the drink :)

Makes me feel great considering I'm majoring in Computer Science right now. Oh well I'll just have to go on Xenadrine permanently :D

y2klifter
07-11-2002, 09:50 AM
I heard AMSTEL light is one of the lightest beers. .Only 99 calories a bottle. I usally grab a six pack when i goto a party.

Lime
07-11-2002, 10:22 AM
Stop me if I'm wrong, I'm not the expert many of you are. The beer gut, like any other type of gut, is just a matter of packing away more calories then what your using, correct?

Save the beer, change the way you eat an excerise. Seems the most logical choice to me.

y2klifter
07-11-2002, 10:34 AM
I agree with Lime....by the way I don't drink the whole six pack!

Vodka's a great alternative....

Saint Patrick
07-11-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Goin_Big
Actually, alcohol has 7 calories per gram or whatever, and that's excluding the sugar and whatever else is added to the drink :)

Smoking weed has zero calories.....

therhoads
07-11-2002, 10:47 AM
Beer is loaded with Carbs which is one of the major factors in gaining a Beer Gut. If you do not burn off the carbs they get stored as fat. Micholob came out with a very low carb beer called Ultra (I believe only 3 carbs per beer) and Miller Lite is low carb (around 6 if I remember correctly). So, you could do a CKD (Do a search on the forums for CKD diet info) and still drink some beer!

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by stpatrick44

Smoking weed has zero calories.....

he makes a good point.

LabiosDeMierda
07-11-2002, 12:49 PM
i know bud has no cals, hehe... but i wash the cotton mouth off with about 12-24 Fosters... or 4+ Tequila Shots and chase them with some Bud Lights... Maybe ill just switch over to Tequila shots 3 or more should keep me OK...

Saint Patrick
07-11-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by LabiosDeMierda
i know bud has no cals, hehe... but i wash the cotton mouth off with about 12-24 Fosters... or 4+ Tequila Shots and chase them with some Bud Lights... Maybe ill just switch over to Tequila shots 3 or more should keep me OK...

Just use something healthy for washing down the cottonmouth. OJ is ace, or something like water or a protein shake. I recommend you phase the alcohol out of your diet as much as possible if you're trying to lose weight.

God made weed. Man made booze. Who you gonna trust?

Vynod
07-11-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by stpatrick44

God made weed. Man made booze. Who you gonna trust?

thanks for the quote

Saint Patrick
07-12-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by wannabebeigger

thanks for the quote

hehe no problem WBB

karkid
07-12-2002, 04:42 PM
According to fitday.com
1 shot of
Vodka 64cal, 0fat, 0carb
Rum same
Whiskey 70cal, 0, .028
nothing on tequila

12oz beer 147cal, 0, 13carb
lite beer 100cal, 0, 5carb

chromium6
07-12-2002, 06:24 PM
Stop drinking Beer....

YES!!!

Wolfgar73
07-12-2002, 07:30 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT WILL POWER!!!..whats more important to you..your booze and a big gut..or your health and a set of abs the chicks can go crazy for????? tuttut

Tiare
07-13-2002, 03:05 PM
http://www.anheuser-busch.com/news/MichelobUltraLaunch.htm

Low carb beer. Anyone tried it yet?

ryuage
07-13-2002, 04:50 PM
why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Brahms
07-15-2002, 12:30 AM
It's like this, keep on drinking and get fat. Or smoke some dope, get the munchies, go to McDonald's or Wendy's late at night and get fat.

heathj
07-15-2002, 12:35 AM
You can control the munchies. I don't get them.

mbenoit
07-17-2002, 02:18 AM
Hey man i use to have a beer gut, and that is what it was a beer gut. I cut out beer for the most part and stuck with mixed drinks like jack and coke and just straight whiskey sometimes. I also started taking Alpha Lipoic Acid with carb meals and big meals and it has helped out alot. I still party but the drinking is way down which is hard since most of my friends are big drinkers.

It comes down to getting the body you want or saying F*** it and party all the time.

bigkevin20
07-22-2002, 06:45 PM
drink a little hard alchohol and mix that with some good high quality nug. Smoke about 1.5 grams of to the head out of your favorite bong or blunt. You should be set. good weed should do the trick dont smoke that **** that has seeds in it or is kinda brown

ectx
07-22-2002, 10:49 PM
It's not the beer, it's all the shiat you want to eat along with it. The trainer at my old gym use to recommend spritzers (white whine and club soda). Sure it's a
p**sy drink, but the carbonation get's the alcohol in your system real quick, and gets you a cheap, lower calorie buzz. My personal solution...don't drink. I only drink twice a year...but when I do....watch out!:D