PDA

View Full Version : Morning Protien - How important

Raven Blade
07-12-2002, 02:26 PM
I've been training for a lot of years, 17 to be exact. I'm a decent size, have decent strength and know my way around a gym like no body's business. But only this last year have I been really taking my diet seriously. I always ate healthy, lots of fruit and vegtables and good carbs (rice and pasta) and protien (fish, chicken). But I don't think I was getting enough protien. Only recently have I increased my protien intake to match my body weight. Sure, I think about all the wasted years, not not getting enough protien in my diet, but if I am getting my 1.6-2 grams of protien per Kilogram a day does it matter if I am not getting much for breakfast? I just don't feel like eating protien in the morning. I have my bowl of Vector, some fruit, and some fruit juices. Maybe I am just stuck in my old routine of having cereal in the morning, I'm not sure. But if I am getting 150+ grams of protien a day is that all that matters? Anyone have ideas for light, healthy protien at breakfast?

Neil
07-12-2002, 02:33 PM
I think it's more important in the morning than at any other time. You've most likely just gone 8 hours with nothing and your metabolic rate is much higher first thing in the morning then any other time of the day.

Vido
07-12-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Neil
I think it's more important in the morning than any any other time. You've most likely just gone 8 hours with nothing and your metabolic rate is much higher first thing in the morning then any other time of the day.

Agreed. At the very least, just have a shake with your usual breakfast.

Saint Patrick
07-12-2002, 11:47 PM
I mix a 24g scoop of protein in with my morning oatmeal.....

David
07-13-2002, 02:19 PM
what i have for breakfast is:

3 servings of oatmeal
1 can of tuna
1 tbsp of flaxseed oil
1 scoop of protein powder
1 glass milk

its like 75g carbs, 50g protein and 850 calories.
is that "light" enough for you, LOL

David
07-13-2002, 02:22 PM
If you remember, breakfast and post workout should be your biggest meals.

Raven Blade
07-15-2002, 12:42 PM
It's supposed to be the BIGGEST Meal of the day? :eek:

David
07-15-2002, 01:56 PM
*It's supposed to be the BIGGEST Meal of the day?
yes, let me guess - you thought dinner was supposed to be the biggest meal of the day? eaten at 6pm right?

ElPietro
07-15-2002, 02:14 PM
You could just add some whey powder into your cereal in the morning.

David
07-15-2002, 03:25 PM
make sure you check the label on the cereal - get one that has little sugar in it and lots of fiber.

Budiak
07-15-2002, 05:27 PM
I'm a tiny bastard, all of my meals are about the same. I dont always eat protein at breakfast either, I sometimes just have oatmeal and my opiates, and I feel good and kick Ninja chode in the gym. I can still stay up late to cut zombies new assholes, too, and I dont have to eat half of my protein at breakfast.

Sometimes breakfast is a peanut butter sandwich, nothing else, I dont have a huge protein allowance during the day anyways, so if I eat 30 of them at breakfast, by the time dinner comes around and I'm hungry as hell because I've been big pimpin all day. I find that when I eat protein in the morning I get kinda bloated, eggs, protein powder, etc. I usually feel like **** after a lot of protein in the morning. I drank proteinfactory morning formula for a while, and it didnt make me bloated, but I ran out of it and I'm damn ass broke.

Raven Blade
07-15-2002, 10:24 PM
It's not that I thought dinner was supposed to be the biggest meal of the day. I know to spread my eating throughout the day in small meals (which I do). I guess I'll just put more protien in my breakfast.

Goin_Big
07-15-2002, 10:32 PM
I always just drink milk :D

I know ya'll hate milk, but I luv it.

stantheman
07-16-2002, 07:38 AM
Triple P, do you really eat tuna for breakfast? That sounds terrible.

David
07-16-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by stantheman
Triple P, do you really eat tuna for breakfast?
Noooooooo, I only said that because I was trying to be funny....come on of course I eat tuna in the morning. Reason being simple, if I was to eat chicken i would have to wait like 20-25min for it to grill....by eating a can of tuna it takes like 10seconds to prepare.

Originally posted by stantheman

That sounds terrible
Yes, yes, i know, but like i stated in a previous post, your taste buds will get used to it after a few weeks.

Tell me if this also sounds terrible...to make my oatmeal taste better i put in a tbsp of flaxseed oil, LOL.

People make a lot of choices in life, like to be vegetarians or whatever, my decision is to eat healthy food. A lot of people can't do that because they get sick of eating the same things EVERY day. But you know what? I actually tried to eat like fast food a couple of times when my class went on a field trip and it made me sick....i went to mcdonalds and afterwards i thought i would puke......another time i went to tacohell and had gas for like a week.

whats the point of this post you're thinking? i dont know i'm just bored and i cant get into chat.

WannaBeStrong
07-16-2002, 10:12 AM
if I was to eat chicken i would have to wait like 20-25min for it to grill

George Foreman, the master of technology - frozen to perfect in 11 minutes.

Raven Blade
07-16-2002, 10:12 AM
I know what you mean about fast food making you sick. Once you start eating healthy the body becomes accustomed to it. By the way, have any of you ever tried putting salsa on your tuna? :drooling:

Goin_Big
07-16-2002, 10:18 AM
you people are all nutz.........

food is our friend.

David
07-16-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Goin_Big
you people are all nutz.........

yeah, tell me about it...i wont mention any names though.....

WBS - let me fill you in on a little secret...by wrapping your chicken in foil and then putting it on the george foreman grill you dont have to clean it...because the foil traps everything...but it does take twice as long to grill.

RB - putting salsa in tuna does make it taste better, i do that sometimes. Heres how I make my tuna taste better though...i take an egg yolk and i mix it in with the tuna real good, so then when i eat it its got that yolk taste to it.

Raven Blade
07-16-2002, 11:05 AM
Did you see this thread on raw eggs?

Eating Raw Egg Thread (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=253903#post253903)

Raw egg taste.... hmmmmmm.. I think I'll stick with salsa. I like to say "salsa"!!!! SALSA

David
07-16-2002, 11:59 AM
come on dude, i meant BOILED eggs, not raw eggs. common sense people.

Raven Blade
07-17-2002, 05:56 PM
Common sense hey? Sorry I'm not a mind reader.