PDA

View Full Version : i hate being fat

karkid
07-12-2002, 04:10 PM
I'm sick of looking at myself and thinking about how ugly I am. I'm sick of having no self esteem. I'm sick of being able to grab fat. I'm sick of feeling grotesque. I need help. I need some sort of motivation. I know food is one of comforts. Everytime I get mad or stressed or upset, I go to the fridge. Then I catch myself doing it and say **** it and eat anyways. I know whats good and bad. I've successfully dieted before but I always end up giving up. I a perfectionist, and if its not perfect, I hate it, and I quit. I'm not perfect. I've read books and forums, I've read Arnold Schwarzenegar's Encyclopedia from cover to cover. I know what to do, I just can't make myself do it. The only time I ever successfully lost weight, week after week, was when I was in Weight Watchers, with a family. After a couple years, my parents wouldn't pay for it, they said you know what to do, so do it on your own. Put the wieght back on. I was lifting solid non stop for a year. Then track season started and there wasn't the time. Now that its summer I've tried to get back to it, but the gym has no atmosphere anymore. I can't lift listening to oldies. All I end up doing it flying through a set so I can talk some more. I need motivation. I need a family. I need the help that I think I can get here.

Denny Robert

Goin_Big
07-12-2002, 04:21 PM
Stop eating so damn much and lift hard. It's as simple as that. I'm not gonna tell you anything else, cuz complaining about fat is stupid.

.......sorry but I know personally.

Celestial
07-12-2002, 04:24 PM
What are your stats? Dude if you can do it I can do it. Fact of the matter is though, how bad do you want it? And how hard are you willing to work for it?

Savannah
07-12-2002, 04:24 PM
Sorry to hear that you're kinda struggling right now. I just think motivation really has to come from within. Sure having the support and motivation of others can help but it can only do so much or take you so far. You state that you already know what to do, so I say just start doing it. It's not supposed to be easy. Seriously, if you are tired of what you see in the mirror, do something about it cause no body else is going to do it for you :)

On aside note, this board is a great place for some extra motivation!

IceRgrrl
07-12-2002, 04:35 PM
Hey, if you're ready to do something about it, there's some good info here and in other sources. It sounds like you know what your problems are and now it's just a matter of taking that first step to address them.

The most important key to getting in shape/losing the weight is to think of the journey as a lifestyle change...finding an eating/exercise plan that you can live with (and maybe even come to enjoy!) for the long-term, not just a temporary stop-gap measure. Slow and steady is the way to success and everyone has to start at the beginning! We're pulling for ya :)

Goin_Big
07-12-2002, 04:40 PM
Sorry about my first post, i'm just too used to seeing people eat a donut and drink a coke or whatever right after they whine to me about how fat they are.

I've lost alot of weight by eating less, although the more you lose the harder it gets, it's still not that hard. Eat less, lose more :)

freztek
07-12-2002, 05:09 PM
Not sure if you have ever tried a anti depressent, but asking your Dr. about trying something might get you on a new track...then you can ditch'm once you've learned a new way to live.

raniali
07-12-2002, 05:40 PM
~Discipline - not desire - determines your destiny.~

You need to find a workout partner or hire a trainer just so you have someone to be accountable to until you become motivated by your results.

The Badass
07-12-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by raniali
~Discipline - not desire - determines your destiny.~

That's not true, it takes discipline AND desire.

Monster Muscle
07-13-2002, 02:13 AM
just do it. swoosh by nike:cool:

Celestial
07-13-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by freztek
Not sure if you have ever tried a anti depressent, but asking your Dr. about trying something might get you on a new track...then you can ditch'm once you've learned a new way to live. Ditto, I love paxil:-D

Tiare
07-13-2002, 10:02 AM
Good luck!

Two questions that might help you in the long run...
-Are you tired of being fat or tired of failing to be lean?
-What are your goals and when are you trying to get to them?

Alex.V
07-13-2002, 10:15 AM
I heard bad stuff about paxil.... especially when it comes to this particular aspect of life (physical fitness). People just stop caring altogether. not good.

Celestial
07-13-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Belial
I heard bad stuff about paxil.... especially when it comes to this particular aspect of life (physical fitness). People just stop caring altogether. not good. Complete opposite for me.I been going to the gym every day 6 days a week sometimes twice a day! It makes me not feel fat anymore.,..yeah I know I amnot fat but I had felt fat only because in my previous relationship I was always told that. So it kinda got drilled into my head and it made me feel really bad about myself and I would worry about it all the time. BUt the paxil has helped me stop worrying about that because first off it aint true. I am trying to undo the damage that was done to me and paxil has been a really great help to me. It's made me even more confident then I natuarally am and has fueled my motivation more cause I don't worry I just do my thing and enjoy:)

freztek
07-13-2002, 11:01 AM
Karkid -
I don't know if you are depressed but by your post thats the vibe I got. If you aren't, don't worry about my post then :)

The reason I sugguested a Anti-depressent or something in that realm is that it will help with the "hashing over and over" about how bad someone picks themselves or their surroundings apart. Instead of always worrying about what sucks in your life and never feeling you can accomplish what it takes to change it...the drugs will assist you in acutally not having that anxiety and you can actually set and finish goals in your life that otherwise would seem to overwhelming.

karkid
07-13-2002, 02:15 PM
i dont think i'm depressed though

i'm going to walmart tomorrow, and starting it over again, the last time i did my diet it tasted like crap at first but i got used to it, and eventually fast food didn't even taste good anymore, i just fell out of it with being too busy with school, and haven't been able to get back into it.

1st meal
oatmeal
2 egg whites

2nd meal
protein bar

3rd meal
chicken breast
broccoli
potato

4th meal
cottage cheese

5th meal
4 egg whites, 1 whole
potato
broccoli and salad

optional 6th meal
small piece of fruit

The whole thing came up to be a little less than 1200 calories. Combined with my exercise routine that I used to do, I was dropping obvious weight.

Im going to walmart tomorrow, and I'm going to talk to my parents about the antidepressants, see if it might be right for me.

Denny

karkid
07-13-2002, 02:16 PM
Also, I'm not sure if i'm sick of not being thin, or just sick of being fat. I can't stand being able to grab fat, feeling my stomach on my legs. It just isn't comfortable.

MWB
07-13-2002, 03:28 PM
I think your food choices aren't all that great. Try to get a decent serving of protein at each meal. Your breakfast just has 2 egg whites which is only 6 grams of protein. Here's what I would do..

For breakfast have your oats with a scoop of whey protein or a serving of cottage cheese.

Second, are you taking the protein bar for convenience, or you just like them? I'm not a fan of protein bars. I would use a protein blend shake(whey, egg, casein), or a whole food source if you can.

Lunch is fine, but I would use a sweet potato or red potato, no white.

Fourth, cottage cheese is fine. You may want to put in some healthy fats here like a TBSP of flax seed oil or 5-10 fish oil caps.

Fifth, I would have some meat instead of egg whites.

Last, have some protein here instead of fruit. My last meal of the day is a salad with romaine lettuce, a serving of cottage cheese and some balsamic vinager. The lettuce will keep you full at night so you don't get hungry. I also have some fish oil caps here.

As far as the food tasting like crap there are a number of things you can use to help. I put splenda on my cottage cheese. Meats are usually cooked with Mrs. Dash seasoning and lemon/lime juice. I also use "No-salt" a salt substitute which tastesd pretty good.

Don't be afraid of fat. Good fat sources will help you out hormonally and keep energy levels high. 1200 calories is a bit low too. You don't want to slow your metabolism down to nothing

I know how you feel, believe me I've been there. Try not to get down on yourself. Don't be grabbing you fat or checking yourself in the mirror everyday because you will just drive yourself nuts. I know when I make changes in my diet, it takes 2 weeks minimum for the scale to move. It's just going to take some time.

karkid
07-13-2002, 05:45 PM
Thank you very much. Shopping tomorrow, diet should start monday. I think I'm gonna do the diet itself for a week before i go to the gym. I'll try to stay active, but I want to stay with this this time around.