PDA

View Full Version : Cant gain anymore weight?? Genetics???

Wolfgar73
07-12-2002, 05:52 PM
I finnaly reached 230lbs at 14% Bf afew weeks ago..now i cant put another pound on to save my life!!!!! I still lift heavy with no cardio....EAT like a horse..My diet is made up mainly of lots of lean beef..fish...whole wheat bread..brown rice...potatoes...white and brown rice...carrots...whole milk...tons of eggs..and multi vitamine along with creatine and 3 protein shakes a day..I consume about 3800 cals a day..is there a plateu genetically for weight gain????

Vido
07-12-2002, 05:56 PM
You are only eating approximately 16 calories per lb of bodyweight. That is a number that is recommended for someone with a slow metabolism. If you fall into this category then increase the cals slowly until you start gaining again. If you have a normal metabolism try 20 cals per lb of bodyweight and if you have a fast metabolism up it to 24-25 cals per lb of bodyweight.

Wolfgar73
07-12-2002, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the info.If i had to say i have sorta a medium speed metabolism...i can loose weight pretty easy..and gain it easy up to a certin point..i will roughly increase to 20 cals perpound bw and see what happens...

Tiare
07-13-2002, 03:02 PM
Or add some cardio and increase your food by what you burn in cardio + 200cal/day. I like cardio :D