PDA

View Full Version : Ok, may be stupid, but i dont know the answer.

Manipul8r
05-15-2001, 04:56 PM
Ok, whats the problem with higher insulin levels? y is everyone so affraid of spiking their insulin levels? Sorry to post a stupid question, but i dont know the answer so its not so stupid. :)

Spiderman
05-15-2001, 05:43 PM
It just means that you'll get a quick rush of energy from the food you just ate. For example, eating white bread will give you a quicker rush of insulin than eating wheat bread. Or eating some sort of sugared cereal will give you a quicker insulin rush than eating a whole grain cereal. The reason people don't want these rushes is that after the insulin level comes back to normal, which doesn't take long at all, they may feel tired, sluggish, hungry etc. This is why we stress eating more whole grain foods, and less refined foods. These will tend to give you a sustained amount of energy throughout the day. Hope this clears things up for ya bro. ;) (this for any time other than Post-Workout when you DO want the rush)

body
05-15-2001, 06:06 PM
high insulin levels puts your body in fat storage mode as well as hopefully storing amino acids in the muscle as well. however you want to increase insulin sensivity thereofre allowing you to gain muscle while gianing minimum amount of fat.

Manipul8r
05-15-2001, 06:21 PM
how do you increase sensitivity???? Thanx for the replies guys, appreciate it.:D :)

body
05-15-2001, 06:46 PM
exercise increase it. to much high glyceamic foods decrease it so avoid them.
various drugs effect it though some of these are quite harmful and they are often used with diabetics as they require these kind of drugs otherwiase they have problems that we do not.
things like chromium and vandly do increase sensitvity but the amount change is only small.

Dabomber
05-15-2001, 10:44 PM
as Body said, Exercise increase them..
Also.. By eating first 3 meals with low fats, and last 3 meals with no carbs "supp[osedly" increase insulin sensitivity...

there was good article about it in t-mag.
I think it i was called massive eating or something..