PDA

View Full Version : Lower Back

robertjr93
11-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Hey guys. About 4 months ago I pulled a muscle in my back while squatting(I think it started the week before while deadlifting) so I go get it checked out and it was a pulled muscle. I take 2 weeks off from lifting then start back slowly benching and then some light squats every other week. I finally worked deadlifts back into the equation nothing heavy just 225. Well I felt like I was ready to get back on the ball so I was working up kinda heavy in all my lifts this week just to see where I stood. While deadlifting I work up too 315 and I feel a pop in my lower right side. I immediately call it quits. I call myself using good form and I think I was. I dont have the money yet to go get everything checked out so what advice can you guys give me about rehabbing my lower back?

ScottYard
11-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Ice, nsaids, and rest. Try that for a week and then pinpoint the issue. It could be muscle, tendon, or bone. It's obviously still injured and rest is still needed. High rep hypers, gms with bands, core work like pauloff holds can be done for starters after you rest. I would get a Dr soon if you heard a pop.