PDA

View Full Version : Gear help!

A.Schnupp
12-01-2012, 08:54 AM
So I've called elite 3 times in the last week and a half about sizing and they keep telling me someone will call me back, Well they haven't so my question is does anyone know if I ordered the right size? I went by there sizing chart but I heard it's off my waist measures 45" my hips (going around the biggest part of my butt" 46" and thighs being 26 I went with a 54 ace pro briefs and 54 king pro deadlifter my weights 255 260 depends on the day HOW FAR OFF AM I?
Thanks in advance
Anthony

robertjr93
12-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Your briefs are going to be BIG I was about your size and I Could get into a 46 if that says anything. Also Jo Jordan from elitefts is the person to ask. Elite is good about returns so you should be able to just send them back.

Brian Hopper
12-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Like mentioned above, I would contact Jo Jordan and ask him. Here is his email: jojordan@elitefts.net

Dank27
12-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Well ill just let you know

Im 315 to 330 depending on the week and i wear a 52 Jack Brief which is very close to the Ave.
Also I used a King Deadlifter in size 54.

You will def need to reach out to Jo about proper sizing.

Jojordan@elitefts.net

Good Luck

Dank27
12-01-2012, 05:13 PM
For the King you should have went right off ur hips or hips plus 2

So a 46-48 would have worked

A.Schnupp
12-02-2012, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the help fellas much appreciated, I sent him an email let's see what happens

Dank27
12-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Also keep in mind that the Jack/Ace material stretches A LOT.

King not as much.

Let us know how it goes

A.Schnupp
12-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Well he returned my email almost immediately told me to go with 48 briefs and a 54 suit. I finally after 3 weeks got my order I've never had so many issues with a company before but I'm pleased with the sizing I was able to get the briefs about 90 percent on in just compression shorts by myself so I took them off added some bags and was able to get them the whole way up in about 5 minutes, the suit is nice too I was able to get on in 5 minutes i pulled it up threw the straps over the bar and let myself kinda hang/swing and was right in I played a little just trying to get the bar and damn was that herd i noticed that when i pulled the legs up on the front of my quads and loosened the straps it was a little easier. I cant wait to get this weekends meet out of the way so i can play with some weight! Thanks so much for your advice fellas!

Alex.V
12-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Careful man, most guys I know recommend you don't use the shoulder straps to pull the suit up- can stretch em out unevenly and they're not really meant for it. I usually grab each side around the hip, bunch it up, and pull while swinging my relaxed leg back and forth (and doing a bit of a humping motion).

A.Schnupp
12-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Oh great haha I'll give your method a shot Thanks for the advice

chris mason
12-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Careful man, most guys I know recommend you don't use the shoulder straps to pull the suit up- can stretch em out unevenly and they're not really meant for it. I usually grab each side around the hip, bunch it up, and pull while swinging my relaxed leg back and forth (and doing a bit of a humping motion).

Depends on the suit Alex. Your method won't work with something like a Leviathan (material is simply too thick). Every powerlifter I have ever known has put theirs on using the straps.

A.Schnupp
12-12-2012, 07:46 PM
This king pro is really thin I probably shouldn't hang anymore lol