PDA

View Full Version : A question on cutting and maintaining

TurboStu
07-14-2002, 11:12 AM
Ok, I am looking at cutting here. Although I am not really into the body building yet (actually I am, but I have a way's to go before I get to the typical body builder look) I am going to be cutting my weight down, by about 90 lbs. My question is though when I cut does it really matter my protien intake. I know it matters, but I am not looking to gain or anything, and I am pretty sure that I can maintain a large amount of my muscle I have now (I lift 4 times a week, and I work 5 days a week 8 hour days, that is janitorial work with moving things, and then in the evengins I bale hay) So I was wondering how important protien will be in my cutting diet. I know I need it, but about how much is a good amount? Thanks.

Behemoth
07-14-2002, 01:03 PM
Baleing hay... Great forearm exercise!
Anyhow, don't just not eat protein, but I think the idea you have is right, you don't need to consume huge amounts of protein to retain the muscle you have, I'd say 75+ should be sufficent. Grant it no matter what you eat your most likely going to lose muscle if your cutting. Carb manipulation is the key. Something I don't know enough about to give you any advice, keep your fat levels high though.

Manveet
07-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Carb manipulation is key, however it seems that you are a very active person so don't be too stingy with your carb intake either.