PDA

View Full Version : Speeding up metabolism?

mnj
07-14-2002, 05:51 PM
Is there any way to speed up metabolism, maybe with the types of food you eat? Any advice is appreciated. :help:

Goin_Big
07-14-2002, 05:54 PM
Yup, gain muscle.

Saint Patrick
07-14-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Goin_Big
Yup, gain muscle.

Ditto.

mnj
07-14-2002, 11:06 PM
Uh, easier said than done. I'm working on that, though. But I specifically asked about what types of foods are best. More detail would be preferable. Thanks.

Goin_Big
07-14-2002, 11:08 PM
The kinds that help you gain muscle.

Juan
07-15-2002, 01:28 AM
Aerobic exercise throws your metabolism into overdrive. That was not your question though.

Caffeine, Effedra, and any food that acts as a natural upper will do it. The increase in metabolism is not permanent though. It only lasts as long as you are under the influence of the product.

The only safe way I know of is to work out both aerobically, and Anaerobically.

nightop
07-15-2002, 09:24 AM
eating smaller meals more often (such as 5 to 7 medium sized portioned meals) each day rather than 3 large meals will noticably help... this is fundamental.

Goin_Big
07-15-2002, 09:27 AM
DNP helps :D

as night op said, just eat smaller meals throughout the day, and you also have to gain muscle. I have to disagree with the aerobic exercise thing, as I think it hinders muscle growth, slowing your metabolism. I just don't believe jogging 5 miles a day to burn 600 calories is worth the damage it does to your body.

yes, eca is great as long as your body can handle. Just make sure it's safe for you. It's one of the few supplements that I think you need to be careful with.

CBates
07-15-2002, 11:26 AM
You can try taking an EC stack to help speed your metabolism, also I hear that spicy food will speed up your metabolism also, but not too sure how much truth is behind that. But neither will greatly speed your metabolism enough to where you can't pay attention to your diet.

Sledgehammer
07-15-2002, 01:39 PM
I assume you are wanting to lose fat, since you are wanting to attack metabolism......

a few tips....As stated before eat 5-7 smaller meals every 2.5 - 3 hours. make sure you are getting protien in each....

foods such as spicy peppers and sauces (watch the sodium) are a good source to "pick up" the body temp and thus speed up the metabolism....

Cardio ( sprints, jogging) are good to speed it up..just do not do too much..that can become counter productive on lean tissue...

a huge tip is do not cut calories too much, just reduce slightly or your body will slows itself down....

Stay away from simple sugars eat more fiber...such as whole wheat....stay away from white flour products.....always read labels for fiber content.....

sweets are not going to help anything, so use other sourrce of carbs i.e. fruits such as apples and veggies......

drink water all the time....with every meal, in between....

any of these will help, but exercise is the biggest bang for your buck......

all these will help a little but the sum of all these will give you better results.....

and stay consistant!!!!