PDA

View Full Version : Can't get low carb diet

Davy
07-15-2002, 05:43 AM
How can i get a lower carb intake and dont get trouble eating the calls i need , for now , more or less i'm maintaining weight , for +- 2 weeks the balance shows between 91 - 93 kg.

Got some shitload of fat around the belly as well as on my legs (upper) and wanne get rid of it , tough when i lift my arms above my head so my fat is more spread and not hanging on my belly i can see some 4packs very slightly , but i need to stretch my whole body for it and move a bit backward , crunch my abs and move a bit left or right , its realy funny what i got to do to get a blimp of it :).

Got still lots of fat to loose , but i cant imagine getting a diet wich holds only like 80g carbs/day , aint that extremely low ? How can i accomplisch this ?
All bread i eat is multigrain bread or some really dark bread , we call it here waldcorn bread.

For now in the morning i eat some low fat fat yoghurt with one bread slice , 1 slice low fat cheese and one glass of milk.

At 10 , i eat again 2-3 slices bread with low fat cheese.

For lunch im getting 4 slices of bread with low fat cheese.

At 3 in the afternoon , im taking a whey protein shake.

For dinner , im eating a nice piece of meat with some potatoes , not much.

Before i go to bed , i'll mix 2-3 teaspoons of whey protein powder with water.

For now , i eat like +- 2000 - 2200 cals/day , wich has +- 180-190gr carbs , 140gr proteins and 50-60gr fat.

Is this acceptable or do i really need to cut those carbs to loose fat.

I have a 3-split training schema , an do 3 times a week cardio for 40 mins long.

What does the actual diet doing now then ?

PS: gonna buy a balance wich has a build-in bodyfat calculator , anyone has experience with such balance , is it accurate or not .

Maki Riddington
07-15-2002, 07:18 PM
Here is a sample 2200 cal diet.

110 grams of fat
200 garms protein
100 garms carbs

Total cals: 2200

Divide this up into 6 meals and you'll need aprox:
18 grams of fat, 33 grams of protein and 16 grams of carbs per meal.

Does this help?
Don't buy a fat calculator, just use the mirror and your clothes.

Davy
07-16-2002, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the info , but its hard for me to get 200gr proteine a day.

I dont like fisch , just chicken and turkey , ham , steak , that kinda things .
100gr carbs is nothing ,sinds its so easy to get and is in almost every food at high quantity.

Can you give me a sample diet , wich has overal 100gr carbs for the whole day , cuz i have no idea how to acomplisch this.

But thanks for the info already.

WannaBeStrong
07-16-2002, 05:50 AM
Protein is not hard to get...I don't know why people always use that as an excuse.

4.5oz of chicken: 38g
8oz cottage cheese: 28g
4oz turkey : 22g
8 oz milk : 8g

Not to mention steak and other beef...

If you ate 2 turkey sandwhiches with 4oz of turkey a piece, that's 44g. 2 chicken breasts is over 70g, 2 glasses of milk is 16g, 8oz of cottage cheese which is 28g.

That's 160g so far! Not to include the protein you get in your bread. Oatmeal has protein as well as nuts, natural peanut butter, and a ton of other stuff. These are just things I eat right now! I don't think 200g is that hard to attain per day, especially with a proper eating schedule.

Join www.fitday.com and you can easily create a 100g carb and 200g protein diet. PLUS you'll get to know what's in the foods you eat, which is invaluable in the long-run!

jc_az
07-16-2002, 11:14 AM
Eliminate bread, minimal milk, no starchy vegetables, etc.

The only way to keep carbs. low is to count calories/nutrient breakdown in my opinion. This is the only sure way.

I did 2200 calories w/50g carbs. for over 6 weeks using this method. After a couple of weeks you get to know what is allowed within the diet and you can simply pick whatever works, but you still need to weigh it.

Don't forget to raise protein and especially fat to counter the low carb. intake. You will lose fat, but you will also lose muscle if you go to drastic like I did.

It was worth the experience, though.