PDA

View Full Version : ephderine and ketosis?

InProgress
07-15-2002, 12:12 PM
Anyone know if taking ephedrine will keep me from reaching or staying in ketosis? I read a few things that seemed to indicate that it might, but nothing real concrete on the matter.

Also, what about coffee or diet sodas? Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

WannaBeStrong
07-15-2002, 12:31 PM
It will do no such thing.

Diet soda has citric acid, which MIGHT kick you out of ketosis. Jury is still out, so I'd just stay away if you're worried.

Marcel
07-15-2002, 12:36 PM
What WBS said.

You just need to find out for yourself. Buy some ketostix and then once you hit ketosis drink some diet soda if you want to and see if it kicks you out.

Good luck.

WannaBeStrong
07-15-2002, 01:18 PM
Ketostix don't work for some people believe it or not. The way I always knew I was in ketosis was it tasted like I was licking a dead battery, if that makes sense. I guess you could say a dull metalic taste. If you "know your body" and how it reacts to ketosis, you should need no indicators.

Marcel
07-15-2002, 04:31 PM
LOL i know I've done a ckd and tkd.

Glad we agree though.

Brahms
07-16-2002, 08:45 PM
Where can you buy ketosticks?

Ritzol
07-16-2002, 09:05 PM
ephedrine is unnecessary, and so are the sodas and coffee.

Saint Patrick
07-16-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Ritzol
ephedrine is unnecessary,

ALL SUPPLEMENTS are unnecessary, but some really help (glutamine and creatine, for example).

InProgress
07-17-2002, 06:54 AM
Yes coffee and soda are unnecessary, but everyone has a few vices. And the ephedrine does help if your looking for an extra kick in the process of speeding up your metabolism. I don't really advocate the long term use of anything that speeds up your heart rate, but sometimes you just need a littl extra something,

Tiare
07-17-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by WannaBeStrong
The way I always knew I was in ketosis was it tasted like I was licking a dead battery, if that makes sense. I guess you could say a dull metalic taste.

My understanding is that the taste like that (tin in the mouth) is actually a sign that you are burning muscle or have a high adreneline response (like when you are in a fight/flight response). Don't know where I heard that though so it may be bunk.

WannaBeStrong
07-17-2002, 11:21 AM
No, metallic taste is associated with ketones in this case.