PDA

View Full Version : Are zero calorie products allowed during intermittent fasting

Ryno
12-09-2012, 08:45 PM
I can skip breakfast without a problem but I can't make it without my coffee. I also drink a lot of zero calorie Powerade. Are these things allowed during the fasting phase of intermittent fasting?

Does the IF schedule have to go 7 days a week or can I go out and have some drinks on a Friday night without cancelling out that past week?

Elodie Lan
12-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Some no- or low-calorie drinks are recommended for a fast.

You also can drink coffee during intermittent fasting, but it must be black -- no sugar, milk or cream, which contain calories. Use artificial sweeteners for flavor if you like. Avoid the coffee drinks in coffee shops, because most contain some type of syrup, milk product or sugary add-in.

always talk with your doctor before beginning a fast to be sure it is safe for you.

Alex.V
12-10-2012, 07:22 AM
always talk with your doctor before beginning a fast to be sure it is safe for you.

huh?

Invain
12-10-2012, 09:06 AM
huh?

12 - 24 hour fasts can be very dangerous Alex. Only qualified health professionals will be able to asses whether you are healthy enough to refrain from eating for long periods of time.

:)

Alex.V
12-10-2012, 09:38 AM
I haven't eaten since breakfast nearly 4 hours ago. Should I call my doctor? Is this unsafe?

Bruiser
12-10-2012, 12:40 PM
I haven't eaten since breakfast nearly 4 hours ago. Should I call my doctor? Is this unsafe?

Lol. Screw calling the doctor... Dial 911!