PDA

View Full Version : Subway while on CID

Prelude
07-15-2002, 12:56 PM
I was thinking if Subway sandwiches are good while on CID. It's got the carbs, pro, fat, and fiber from the veggies. What's your opinion on this?

Blood&Iron
07-15-2002, 01:19 PM
Should be fine.

David
07-15-2002, 01:20 PM
First of all, subway is still considered fast food.

Second, its expensive at hell, if you spend $5 a day on it x 30 days = $150 a month!!! Cheese and rice, thats more than i spend on chicken, tuna, eggs, rice and oatmeal a month!!!

And finally, if you think you're gonna look like Jarred from those commercials, check this out

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=253330#post253330

Blood&Iron
07-15-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by TripleP
First of all, subway is still considered fast food.

Uh, okay. I guess that means 'fast food' chicken and bread is in some magical way different than regular chicken and bread.

WannaBeStrong
07-15-2002, 01:39 PM
They (fast food places) soak their chicken in weird ass **** some times. I can bet that the "wheat bread" isn't whole stone ground wheat either. That's an assumption on my part, but I'd still rather pay less for more. ;)

But, seriously, if you like it and can afford it, eat it. If you aren't seeing results, cut it out and see if that changes. Rocket science.

David
07-15-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Blood&Iron

Uh, okay. I guess that means 'fast food' chicken and bread is in some magical way different than regular chicken and bread.

LOL
:shakes his head:

Justagirl
07-16-2002, 09:11 AM
Subway should be fine I would watch the type of bread you are getting but things such as chicken Breast are not soaked in any S*** . Actually subway is one of the better places to grab food from if you have to eat fast.

I must say I agree with the cost factor. If you know you are going to be out prepare your food it may cost a little less. BTW if you plan to eat subway alot make sure to get the staps for the sub club atleast you eat for free every so often.

David
07-16-2002, 09:19 AM
subclub, LMAO

Prelude
07-16-2002, 09:57 AM
And finally, if you think you're gonna look like Jarred from those commercials, check this out

LOL, I'm half the size of Jared. I just got off CKD and TKD and got tired of eating fat. That's why I thought I'd try a CID.

What I really wanted to know about Subway is the ingredients they use in their sandwich. Does the meat provide good source of protein? Is the chicken breast really chicken or just full of binders like the McNuggets? Is the wheat bread really 100% whole wheat?

Justagirl
07-16-2002, 12:02 PM
Hope this helps! www.subway.com

SUBWAY® WHEAT BREAD Enriched flour (flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, whole wheat flour, high fructose corn syrup, wheat gluten, contains less than 2% of the following: wheat bran, yeast, salt, soybean oil, dough conditioner (acetylated tartaric acid esters of mono-and diglycerides, ammonium sulfate, calcium sulfate, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, potassium iodate, amylase (enzymes)], cracked wheat, sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate, caramel color (contains sulfites), dried honey preparation (honey powder, invert sugar, wheat starch, soy bran flour, silicon dioxide [anti-caking]), mineral oil.

CHICKEN BREAST PATTY Chicken breast with rib meat, water, seasoning {corn syrup solids, vinegar powder (maltodextrin, modified corn starch and tapioca starch, dried vinegar), brown sugar, salt, dextrose, chicken type flavor (hydrolyzed corn gluten, autolyzed yeast extract, partially hydrogenated soybean oil and cottonseed oil, thiamin hydrochloride, disodium inosinate and disodium guanylate)}, sodium phosphates. May contain: Sugar, dehydrated garlic, dehydrated onion, spices, soy sauce solids (soybeans, wheat, salt), lemon juice solids, natural flavor, grill flavor (from partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, citric acid, beef extract, caramel color, modified food starch.

6" Roasted Chicken Breast
Calories 318
Fat Calories 49
Total Fat 5
Protein 23 (g)

Prelude
07-16-2002, 12:26 PM
Thanks! I guess I'll stay with more natural foods. I can't believe th s*** they mix with the chicken.

Blood&Iron
07-16-2002, 02:29 PM
I still say it's fine. But there are certainly more all around healthy alternatives.

Personally, I love the taste of sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate.

Marcel
07-16-2002, 02:48 PM
Blood what are you talking about man? We all know that acetylated tartaric acid esters of mono-and diglycerides tastes better.

Blood&Iron
07-16-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Marcel
Blood what are you talking about man? We all know that acetylated tartaric acid esters of mono-and diglycerides tastes better.
Oops, I forgot about those. You're right; they are tasty!

David
07-16-2002, 04:34 PM
:shakes his head:

Saint Patrick
07-16-2002, 06:09 PM
mmmmm........ diglycerides:thumbup: