PDA

View Full Version : Drinking Milk every 30 minutes 4 - 5 times a week

RussianRocket
07-15-2002, 03:21 PM
At work I eat a lot but sometimes i can't fit the meals in so i just drink milk for 7 - 8 hours every 30 minutes to accumulate for the lost calories. Is that cool? or not?

David
07-15-2002, 03:23 PM
oh boy...

Goin_Big
07-15-2002, 03:23 PM
Not unless you're lactose intolerant :D

I love yer sig, milk is my favoritist food in da world.

mrunknown
07-15-2002, 04:22 PM
WHAT ABOUT THE HIGH SUGAR CONTENT

Goin_Big
07-15-2002, 04:25 PM
bah, sugar is our friend.

body
07-15-2002, 04:36 PM
i love milk.

can drink up to 6 pints on a good day.

mrunknown
07-15-2002, 04:56 PM
I LOVE MILK BUT I DONT WANNA PACK ON EXTRA POUNDS OF FAT I DRINK LIKE 5 CUPS A DAY THAT 60 GRAMS OF SUGAR

RussianRocket
07-15-2002, 05:29 PM
all my sugar pretty much comes from milk, so i'm not worried about that. I was just asking if its cool or not that all folks!

Goin_Big
07-15-2002, 05:31 PM
how exactly does sugar cause you to gain fat?

If you're eating over maintenance calories, you gain weight, if you're eating under maintenance calories you lose weight.....sugar's only gonna make you gain fat if you're sitting around all day long doing nothing and eating over maintenance calories......

:(......

Marcel
07-15-2002, 05:38 PM
GB - you should know it's a lot more complicated then that.

You mean to say if I eat ummm...milk all day with flax for my fat I would get the same results as lets say ummmm chicken, rice, and flax? That's what your basically saying a cal is a cal.

Goin_Big
07-15-2002, 05:41 PM
a cal is a cal.

you can lose weight eating 2,000 calories a day in snickers bars, although the fact that you'd be malnourished would make you gain fat, you'd still lose weight :)

My point was that as long as you're eating a balanced diet, the sugar in milk is not gonna cause a problem.

Marcel
07-15-2002, 05:43 PM
GB - Cool. Cool. We agree. For best 'optimal' results though eliminate dairy. lol.

*serves a big glass of milk for G-B*

Goin_Big
07-15-2002, 05:45 PM
hmmm, well skim milk has actually been a great help to me for losing weight.

Marcel
07-15-2002, 05:50 PM
pasteurized skim milk?

Goin_Big
07-15-2002, 05:51 PM
ya, but I suppose if I were trying to get abs I'd have to toss it

when I finally do go low carb, not sure when yet, of course I'm gonna have to toss out milk. But, there are far worse things.

It's better to have a gallon milk a day than a gallon of soda ;)

Marcel
07-15-2002, 05:56 PM
Pasteurization is what makes milk last longer in stores(atleast 2 weeks) but also destroys the essential acidophilus and makes it hard to digest.

At first scientists thought it was a good thing because it killed off all the bacteria BUT 48 hours later with all the acidophilus gone the bad bacteria returns and even goes up.

A little too much info. but I think it's pretty neat. Raw skim milk moo moo.

mrunknown
07-15-2002, 06:03 PM
SO MILK IS GOOD FOR BULKING BUT NOT FOR CUTTING

ISNT THE SUGAR IN MILK NATURAL MEANING IT CAUSES A LESS INSULIN SPIKE

Goin_Big
07-15-2002, 06:09 PM
they have milk with that acido crap in it.

David
07-15-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by mrunknown
SO MILK IS GOOD FOR BULKING BUT NOT FOR CUTTING

ISNT THE SUGAR IN MILK NATURAL MEANING IT CAUSES A LESS INSULIN SPIKE

YES THAT IS CORRECT MILK IS GOOD FOR BULKING BUT NOT SO GOOD FOR CUTTING. WHEN CUTTING YOU WANT TO RESTRICT CARBS, ESPECIALLY SUGAR.

mrunknown
07-15-2002, 06:23 PM
IS THE SUGAR IN MILK ADDED SUGAR OR NATURAL SUGAR

Behemoth
07-15-2002, 11:03 PM
NATURAL SUGAR, WHY ALL CAPS??
If you can afford the cals, maybe 2% would even be a better choice so the fat would slow down the sugars and the minimal insulin spike it has. Maybe not, just a thought.

Sledgehammer
07-16-2002, 06:34 AM
I get a mustache when I drink milk....so I think it means my testosterone levels go up.....right? It is a big thinck white mustache, so maybe some growth horomones are in it too, to help the aging process..........

body
07-16-2002, 11:43 AM
the sugar(lactose) in milk is naturally there.

milk is not good for cutting, buts its good for weight loss.

there is a difference between the two, there are lots of lean people on this board, big cheesy chase is cut.

gold537en
07-16-2002, 02:14 PM
it would seem to me that cutting and weight loss are connected, but I could be wrong, can you explain what the difference is. I drink a lot of milk and I am trying to lose weight, but I am not really sure what is going on there. I was told (Ihave no idea how reliable the source is) that the body processes milk like food, so I have been drinking milk when I can't fit in a meal, is this doing me more harm than good?

Warblade
07-16-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by gold537en
it would seem to me that cutting and weight loss are connected, but I could be wrong, can you explain what the difference is. I drink a lot of milk and I am trying to lose weight, but I am not really sure what is going on there. I was told (Ihave no idea how reliable the source is) that the body processes milk like food, so I have been drinking milk when I can't fit in a meal, is this doing me more harm than good?
You're either a n00b, or I'm missing the sarcasm.

In the event that your post was sincere I'll answer these questions. Cutting just means dieting down, meaning losing the fat that you gained while "bulking" in order to expose the muscles, or "get cut". This would entail eating less calories than you expend per day.

What are your stats (age, weight, bodyfat percentage, height)? How many meals do you eat a day? Its recommended that you split up your meals into 6 a day. If you're only eating 3 and only having milk for some of them, you're going to be losing some muscle. You want to keep as much muscle as possible when dieting because muscle helps keep fat off in the long run.

"The body process milk like food". Milk IS food. One of my teachers said that milk was toxic waste... but that's because he was vegan. Anyway. Milk as a meal is not good... its not enough.

hemants
07-17-2002, 01:15 PM
Milk is fine for cutting. The sugar in milk is Lactose and is low glycemic (32) (in contrast whole wheat bread is 69)

Goin_Big
07-17-2002, 01:19 PM
MILK GOOOOOOOD!

MonStar
07-17-2002, 01:58 PM
Milk is not a problem for fat-loss I dont think. I believe 100% that that is a myth. I always lose fat at a good rate while drinking lots of milk. So.. who knows.

body
07-17-2002, 03:52 PM
you can drink milk for fat loss. its low kcal.

to be cut is different, this is low body fat and you have to get water retention right. for us non-competing peple, who want to look good. cutting inforamation is not that relavant.

drink milk.

if you plan on competing a show. where water retention will make a difference between 1st and last place. milk intkae is a different question.

Black_Curtain
07-18-2002, 09:52 AM
I heard that the protein that there is in milk is not as good as let's say chicken's protein or a steak... that you lose some of it in addition because it's goes out with your urine... it that true? are there "better" proteins for your body?

body
07-18-2002, 11:23 AM
well all protein eventually is lost in the urine. thats your body way of getting nitrogen out of you.

both milk and chicken have similar amino acid and protien profiles. they will have different ratio between them.

if they where so different, one would not be a complete source of protein.

Podium Kreatin
07-18-2002, 11:35 AM
body; not ALL protein is eventually lost; when ur body rearranges proteins, some nitrogen will be lost, but not proteins will be lost when you lose nitrogen.
also, the sugar in milk is probably negligible when it comes to gaining fat. the "bloat" comes from something else, forgot what it was.

Goin_Big
07-18-2002, 11:38 AM
I like the funny thing about losing milk protein through your urine. I'm guessing you're basing this on it being a liquid. If so, then you must lose the protein from your protein shakes in your urine too eh?

milk is perfectly fine unless you're a pro bb or something....

body
07-18-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Goin_Big
I like the funny thing about losing milk protein through your urine. I'm guessing you're basing this on it being a liquid. If so, then you must lose the protein from your protein shakes in your urine too eh?

milk is perfectly fine unless you're a pro bb or something....

well the majority of nitrogen is lost via the urine. so it does not matter wether you consumed liquid or solid.

milk tenchically is not a liquid as it mixture of liquid and solids together. for got the proper name of it or could be emulsion. but thats a irrelavent point.

Goin_Big
07-18-2002, 11:57 AM
I wasn't debating with you body, I was just laughing when I read that post before about losing more protein from milk than chicken or something through your urine. I finally had to reply to it.

body
07-18-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Podium Kreatin
body; not ALL protein is eventually lost; when ur body rearranges proteins, some nitrogen will be lost, but not proteins will be lost when you lose nitrogen.
also, the sugar in milk is probably negligible when it comes to gaining fat. the "bloat" comes from something else, forgot what it was.

over time the protien will be lost. but some may never be lost. remeber approx 98% of your atoms are not the same ones you had last year. you body does regenerate most of the protien that. i was jsut giving a easy answer to the poster below my post. i do not think he needed a complete protien regeneration answer to his question.

as for lactose is concerned for gaining fat. depends on how much milk you drink. i can get 150 grams of lactose via milk. thats 600 kcal which is the differnece between a weight loss diet and a slow bulking diet in some people.