PDA

View Full Version : ABCDE Diet

jc_az
07-15-2002, 06:12 PM
I heard about this diet recently and wondered if anyone tried it and the results, if any.

For those that aren't aware the diet cycles between bulking and cutting in 2 week periods.

During the bulk phase the most important thing is total calories, not so much the breakdown. (maintain 1g/1lb protein at all times)
The maint. diet (b/w x 12 is the example) is increased by "1500" calories daily to accomplish an shock to the system !

Cutting is, well cutting, like always. (I think the example was 8 x b/w)

All opinions are welcome.

Maki Riddington
07-15-2002, 07:21 PM
I tried it and gained too much fat.
I went from 155 to 168 in two weeks.

jc_az
07-16-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
I tried it and gained too much fat.
I went from 155 to 168 in two weeks.

Not what we wanted to hear, but did you gain a lot of muscle as well ?

I did a search on the site and it seems not to many good things to be said about the diet in it's original form.

I understand there is a revised version whereby the cycle is cut-down to 5 day or 1 week and people have seem to have had more positive results.

Bam Bam
07-16-2002, 11:03 AM
i did this for a month bulk two weeks cut two and i gained strength and some size i havnt done it since though

Tiare
07-17-2002, 11:22 AM
When I am cutting (currently) and hit a dead period where I'm not losing any fat for a couple weeks I try a quick bulk period just to shock my body. Just a week of bulking at 500 over maintenance then back to the cutting. It did kickstart my body back into a fat loss phase.

Doing 2wks on, 2wks off seems like a really slow way to lose weight though.

Paul Stagg
07-17-2002, 12:24 PM
IMO, 2 week diet cycles are a waste of time, unless you are trying to maintain your current body composition.

Puttn
08-14-2002, 01:00 PM
i agree with paul stagg on this one.. however maybe a longer stage of one or the other would work well

nightop
08-14-2002, 01:46 PM
IMO i would not mess with it... focus more on training and stick to a normal bulking diet...cut when you have to.