PDA

View Full Version : Conjugate method for non-competetive lifter & Good Morning question

silverback8404
12-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Question number uno) Lets say someone can not compete for X reason, work, school, whatever. If this person follows the conjugate method, how long should he/she test the competition lifts? I never competed, I'd love to, but my work situation doesnt allow me. Should I do a mock meet every 12 weeks? 16 weeks?

Question number dos) Do lifters still max on Good Mornings or just keep them as assistance lift?

Thank you guys

J L S
12-12-2012, 01:06 PM
1) anything from 9 to 16 should be fine!

2) The system has evolved over time and nobody but westside lifters can tell you whats going on there nowadays however I believe its generally accepted to keep them as 3-5 reps as an ME movement, and obviously as you state as an assistance movement. 1RM GM's in most people's eyes blows the risk to reward ratio out of the water.

RhodeHouse
12-14-2012, 07:31 AM
I would test 2-3x a year. No more. You can't push yourself year round.

NEVER do Good Morning as a Max Effort lift. Keep them in the 10-20 range with very strict, slow and controlled technique. Longevity is more important than a big Good Morning.

kingns
12-14-2012, 07:00 PM
with gm's you should try to make the lift hard. I always find with gm's, if the set was easy, i probly wasnt doing it strict. REally let the bar get out in front of you. And THe weight on the bar should never be the goal. getting stronger is the goal.