PDA

View Full Version : Sandwiches for almost every meal???

Lettuce Face
07-17-2002, 10:13 AM
I've got a problem. I eat sandwiches all the time. Is too much bread bad for your diet? Anybody have any ideas that can replace my sandwich eating. I can't find any foods as fast and easy to make as sandwiches so I just eat them. I thought about eating rice for carbs but it looks like a pain in the a$$ to make.

y2klifter
07-17-2002, 10:18 AM
Breads usually have a lot of carbs, depends what your diet goals are. If i eat bread I stick with the dark multigrain stuff...

Silverback
07-17-2002, 01:43 PM
i think every meal is a bit extreme, moderate it a bit. you need a variety of nutrients and all that bread will probably be punching ur carbs too high.

aim to cut down and incorporate other things like pasta, rice as you said. oatmeal thats quality carbs. omlettes etc... just aim for variety.

Jedi Knight
07-17-2002, 02:14 PM
Try some salads with some veggies and cottage cheese or something. Heck you can even put a can of tuna on it, I like it.

GuitarPlayer
07-17-2002, 02:21 PM
open faced 1 slice sandwiches rule you just have to hold them carefully

cuts down on carbs by at least 16 grams

body
07-18-2002, 11:42 AM
i eat snadwich everyday.

they are hgood source of carbs and when wholemeal they are good source of fibre.

depending on the filling, it will alter over all health.
if you have some salad, lean meat and mayo.
you get vits, mineral, healthy fats, and protien.

on the bad side they can be fairly high in soduim.

Behemoth
07-18-2002, 01:16 PM
1 can of tuna, 1.5 tablespoon mayo, and 2 slices of whole wheat bread. I could eat that for every meal on my bulk and maintain an almost perfect 40/40/20. But the others are right, variety is good for you.

y2klifter
07-18-2002, 01:40 PM
Leaf Lettuce with whole wheat and salad cream dressing...good if your bulking. :hump: