PDA

View Full Version : Amateur needs help..

Link
07-17-2002, 06:03 PM
Hi there just signed up hoping to meet some nice people and get some healthy advice. I don't know much about carbs/protein or anything. My dieting in the past was burgers and pizza with beer. I have turned my ways and have dedicated myself to getting really fit and bulky. I have 22% body fat, weigh 230 and am 6'0".

I am starting the wbb1 routine tonight, and have a few questions on my diet now. If someone could help me fill the gaps and advise me on my eating I would greatly appreciate it.

8:30-9-00 bowl of total raisan bran with 2 pieces wheat bread (home pride) and a banana
11:00-12:00 either an apple, banana and salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radishes, scallions) with vinegrette, or I have a turkey sandwich on wheat, light mayo, mustard, cheese, lettuce.. or a tuna sandwich with banana and apple.
2:30-3:00 chicken breast with egg noodles ( plain egg noodles.. not sure what else to put on em)
5:00-6:00 6-8 oz steak rice (spray butter) broccoli, beans, or peas
8:00-9:00 can of tuna

on my workout days i workout at 6:00-7:00-7:30 have designer whey(3 scoops) with water and banana

is this enough? not enough heavier stuff? I need some help with this. I have never been to health concious so have no idea if I am on the right track.. thanks.

raniali
07-17-2002, 06:56 PM
Personally - I think you need to have a good source of protein in EVERY meal .... including breakfast. Maybe add egg (more whites than yolks) (my favorite) or a protein shake. Add chicken or tuna to your salad as well. Try oatmeal instead of bread - you can add the banana to the oatmeal for good taste. It may be wiser to move your carbs around (more carbs in the first half of the day and carbs immediately post w/o). You are also eating a lot of fruit - and not enough fats. If you don't want to add olive oil to your diet, make sure you take fish oil caps or a flax oil supplement (I prefer Udo's Choice oil). Try other, lower glycemic carbs instead of fruit (eg, yams, potatoes, brown rice etc). For variety, have fresh fish instead of canned tuna. Keep eating every few hours - that is a hard thing for most people to change.

Just some suggestions - every BODY works differently.

And - congrats on making the choice to be healthy!

Link
07-17-2002, 07:04 PM
Thank you for your input.. I appreciate that, I will adjust my diet some.