PDA

View Full Version : waterbuckat's diary, log, and journal; all in one! :help:

waterbuckat
07-17-2002, 07:54 PM
Hey guys had my journal over at musclemagazine.com but then realized how great and how much better this place is!

I am 15 years old (16 in august), im 5'11 (pushing the big 6'0) and weigh about 147. I play soccer, and don't really like it, love baseball and varsity in wrestling. Im gonna be a junior this year :cool:

My goals right now are to get into some shape for soccer and wrestling, get a lot more flexible, increase my speed/vertical, and to get STRONGER. All without gaining anymore weight because I need to wrestle 140 this year.........

Anyone wants to talk to me ABOUT LIFTING, im me on yahoo messenger: waterbuckat, aol im: djpel86, or good old email: waterbuckat@yahoo.com

Right now I have a bum shoulder blade but lifting throw it, my mom thinks it just muscle so........ Im not really worried about running right now, I will start running and losing weight the first day school starts so for now im just worried about getting stronger.........

waterbuckat
07-18-2002, 08:39 AM
sleep: 5 hours
went to sleep late and had to wake up at 6:30

7:30 plyometrics at my highschool

8:00-8:20
flat bench- 9x135
squat- 6x175
dips-8

10:00
rode my bike for about 2 miles
just was testing out my shoulder blade, didn't do any real work.......... Can't wait for it to heal

waterbuckat
07-19-2002, 08:12 AM
forgot, yesterday I also worked my neck on the neck machine

back: 15x50
left: 10x50
front: 12x50
right:8x50

waterbuckat
07-19-2002, 08:37 AM
My goals for the end of summer:
NUMBER 1: Heal my shoulder so I can workout!
- Flat bench 145x10, 165x4
- Squat 200x4
- Deadlift 220x1
- Military press: 115x4
- preacher curl 65x4
- GET FLEXIBLE
- 50 pushup
- 20 chins/pullups
- 20 dips
- Follow my routine and accomplish my goals :)

waterbuckat
07-19-2002, 08:46 AM
under construction

Paul Stagg
07-19-2002, 09:40 AM
what's wrong with your shoulder?

how's your form?

waterbuckat
07-19-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Paul Stagg
what's wrong with your shoulder?

how's your form?

Hurt my shoulder blade at wrestling camp, been hurting for about 5 days now, im icing 20 mins and heating 20 mins then bengay....... I wanted to go to the docs but my mom thinks it just muscle so I guess we will see.......

waterbuckat
07-21-2002, 11:17 AM
Was soo pooped when I woke up, didn't go to church for the first time in awhile, my gf left for softball camp today :( If I can't lift because of my shoulder blade and my gf is gone I don't know what I am going to do :help:

1:00pm
Stretched good

Shoulder blade still hurts, hopefully I can lift tommorow.

gregnb
07-21-2002, 11:20 AM
Nice to see you started a journal! Good luck with reaching your goals. Make sure you post a good amount of information on your training/diet/sleep/etc.. so when other members check your journal out they can pick up any flaws you might not know about.

waterbuckat
07-21-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by gregnb
Nice to see you started a journal! Good luck with reaching your goals. Make sure you post a good amount of information on your training/diet/sleep/etc.. so when other members check your journal out they can pick up any flaws you might not know about.

Thanks man, I will be posting all my lifts, and stuff like sleep and all that. I am not dieting yet but I will be when school starts for wrestling so I will probalby count my calories or do something and keep track of it here........

waterbuckat
07-22-2002, 04:55 AM
Monday, July 22nd, 2002

NOTES
Shoulder was really hurting during lifting, after 1st set of benching my arms were blasted. Cut back on a lot of my sets because of my shoulder. Still couldn't get 10 on flat bench with 135, couldn't push it up. Was so sore after my tricep workout I couldn't do that many dips.

Chest

FLAT BENCH- 9-135, 3-140, 2-145
INCLINE DB PRESS- 10-35
PEC DECK- 10-80, 6-90
PUSHUPS-20

Triceps

CLOSEGRIP BENCH- 6-105
SKULLCRUSHERS- 10-50, 6-55
CABLEPUSHDOWNS- 10-45, 5-55
DIPS-6

Budiak
07-22-2002, 05:46 AM
I think that your goals are unrealistic. Frankly, you are 15, you are growing constantly, and you're already 147lbs at 5'11". Nobody needs to tell you that you're not a very bulky guy. To put your goals as 140lbs and stronger, while growing up at the same time is going to put a strain on your developing body. My advice? Gain gain GAIN muscle, BOY. Pack on all the muscle you can. Eat a lot of quality calories and work your ass off in the gym, you will gain a lot of good pounds and since you're already a stick, it shouldnt be hard to keep bodyfat down. Maybe you should shoot for making weight for a 160lb class(if there is such a thing). I think if you gained 14lbs of muscle, you'd be astep ahead of another 15 year old who tried to lose weight while gaining strength in the 160lb category. Unless he's really really fat, then you're screwed. Fat guys are mushy, hard to grab. And they're surprisingly fast.

What is your diet and workout plan like right now? We need to know these things.

waterbuckat
07-22-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Budiak
I think that your goals are unrealistic. Frankly, you are 15, you are growing constantly, and you're already 147lbs at 5'11". Nobody needs to tell you that you're not a very bulky guy. To put your goals as 140lbs and stronger, while growing up at the same time is going to put a strain on your developing body. My advice? Gain gain GAIN muscle, BOY. Pack on all the muscle you can. Eat a lot of quality calories and work your ass off in the gym, you will gain a lot of good pounds and since you're already a stick, it shouldnt be hard to keep bodyfat down. Maybe you should shoot for making weight for a 160lb class(if there is such a thing). I think if you gained 14lbs of muscle, you'd be astep ahead of another 15 year old who tried to lose weight while gaining strength in the 160lb category. Unless he's really really fat, then you're screwed. Fat guys are mushy, hard to grab. And they're surprisingly fast.

What is your diet and workout plan like right now? We need to know these things.

Well if I wrestle 140 this year I will have it made, I want to be about 150-152 when I walk into school....... I can lose about a pound a week to get to 140........

waterbuckat
07-22-2002, 12:35 PM
I decided to not worry about time between sets and how long I am lifting for anymore, it makes me lose my focus. I think it is better for me to lift when I feel my muscles are ready........ I will try to stay at the one hour mark or below for workouts....... but not worry about it......

For now on my personal records will be posted in this journal in red!

onthebrink135
07-22-2002, 08:44 PM
I realize what kind of pressure there is to wrestle in a certain weight class, I wrestled for 4 yrs. Frankly, I had more fun on JV when there wasn't a certain weight I had to make every week, plus I got to concentrate on my lifting. IMO, I always felt stronger and wrestled better when i was heavier, and I still believe being down a weight class never helped me. Besides, losing weight is mentally taxing to, you say youre going to lose one pound a week after school starts, but you know you wont start till the week before and you'll end up dropping 10 lbs of water/muscle in one week instead of dropping bodyfat.. I say, work hard this summer and put on a good 5 lbs of lean body mass and wrestle at 145 or 152, who wants to get smaller?

waterbuckat
07-22-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by onthebrink135
I realize what kind of pressure there is to wrestle in a certain weight class, I wrestled for 4 yrs. Frankly, I had more fun on JV when there wasn't a certain weight I had to make every week, plus I got to concentrate on my lifting. IMO, I always felt stronger and wrestled better when i was heavier, and I still believe being down a weight class never helped me. Besides, losing weight is mentally taxing to, you say youre going to lose one pound a week after school starts, but you know you wont start till the week before and you'll end up dropping 10 lbs of water/muscle in one week instead of dropping bodyfat.. I say, work hard this summer and put on a good 5 lbs of lean body mass and wrestle at 145 or 152, who wants to get smaller?

I can go 140 and accomplish my goals, or up and struggle....... I think I have the will power to follow a diet......... im not cutting water weight again.......

waterbuckat
07-23-2002, 09:22 PM
Doctors appointment Thursday for my back/shoulderblade........