PDA

View Full Version : filet-o-fish?

bigwop
07-17-2002, 08:43 PM
Hey guys would a filet-o-fish be considered an acceptable food food for a bulking cycle? ( occasionally) Thanks,

Bigwop....

Wolfgar73
07-17-2002, 08:49 PM
are you talking about a fast food sandwhich like Mcdonalds??? if so sure i would say chow down if you are on a bulk.....try to lay off the tater sauce if your eating clean.

bigwop
07-17-2002, 08:54 PM
Gotcha. Thanks,
Bigwop.......

g-dot
07-17-2002, 09:03 PM
No, I don't see how that food would be good for a bulk. I believe it was Vido who posted something regarding bulking and stated "why would you eat something while bulking, but not eat it regularly, it doesnt make sense". I have to concur with him on that point. When I bulk I eat food I eat all the time. "Bulking" as some seem to believe has become an excuse to eat every piece of **** you can get into your mouth (fast food, candy, etc.). Your goal with a bulk should be to gain maximum muscle and minimum fat. If you base any diet on ****, you'll look like ****. Period.

bigwop
07-17-2002, 09:08 PM
What about moderation, to mix it up?
Thanks,
Bigwop......

Vido
07-17-2002, 09:19 PM
Sure you can eat filet-o-fish to mix things up. You may as well eat some chocolate bars and sodas to wash it down while you're at it :rolleyes:.
Eat them if you want, but as G-dot said if you eat #$%@ you'll end up looking like #@!$. You are bulking, yes, but why not try to gain the maximum proportion of muscle to fat that you can, so that you don't have to do too much cutting when you're all finished. One filet-o-fish won't send you on the road to Jenny Craig, but a chicken breast and some oatmeal will get you closer to your goal.

bigwop
07-17-2002, 09:29 PM
Ok,Ok. I get your point, But I also Think that S@*T once in a great while is Allright, expecially when 99% of the time I am not eating s@$t, and I am a very hard gainer with very little b/f.
Thanks,
Bigwop.......

g-dot
07-17-2002, 09:49 PM
That's all well and good, sometimes I have a Wendy's burger or chocolates and such, but I don't consider that part of any bulking diet or any diet for that matter. You've got to phrase it differently though. If you had said "Is it alright to eat a filet of fish every once and a while?" then I'd have replied yeah thats okay. You implied making itwould be part of a diet, which I'd say is a bad idea.

bigwop
07-17-2002, 09:52 PM
Once in a great while is what I meant, sorry for any confusion.
Thanks again,
Bigwop

Manveet
07-17-2002, 09:54 PM
That's all well and good, sometimes I have a Wendy's burger or chocolates and such, but I don't consider that part of any bulking diet or any diet for that matter. You've got to phrase it differently though. If you had said "Is it alright to eat a filet of fish every once and a while?" then I'd have replied yeah thats okay. You implied making itwould be part of a diet, which I'd say is a bad idea.

I personally think cals are cals. I mean if you can fit that filet of fish into your dieting regimen calorie and ratio wise then I honestly see no problem.

g-dot
07-17-2002, 10:02 PM
All cals are not created equally. If you think that eating a filet o fish is as good for you as eating the equivalent cals in real fish then you're out to lunch. Not much else to say there man. Any diet with a filet o fish is a shitty fuckin diet. I guess if you slide that filet in there you'll be washing it down with a few sodas, a chocolate bar and a bag of chips.

Vido
07-17-2002, 10:03 PM
This has been covered before. All cals ARE NOT equal. End of story.

Maki Riddington
07-17-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by bigwop
Hey guys would a filet-o-fish be considered an acceptable food food for a bulking cycle? ( occasionally) Thanks,

Bigwop....

*** No, but it's ok to indulge every once and awhile That's not to say that every once and awhile falls on every second day. Life's short, treat yourself once in awhile.:)

Btw, I'm just curious what Vido and G-Dots stats are since they believe that a clean bulk is the best way to go? How much muscle do you gain while doing a"clean" bulk and how much is fat?

bigwop
07-17-2002, 10:07 PM
I'm done. end of discussion here.

Bigwop.....

Maki Riddington
07-17-2002, 10:09 PM
Ok.

:)

g-dot
07-17-2002, 10:21 PM
Maki, I'm unsure of the relevance of this, but I'll oblige you anyway. *Snip* *Snip*

Maki Riddington
07-17-2002, 10:22 PM
Cheers.:)
Good job.

g-dot
07-17-2002, 10:27 PM
By the way this attack on bulking seems more harsh than it is meant to be. You seem knowledgeable so I'm not telling you not to bulk with fast food, but the thing is, I've got to assume everyone on the site who is asking such a question is a novice because of the questions nature. I think it'd be reckless to say yes that its okay to a novice who might go out and think grabbing 2 orders of fries, 2 big macs a shake and a turnover is alright to pound back every day at lunch all in the name of "bulking". Lifting or not, all that **** isnt good for you :P Im trying to change the use of bulking to mean specifically increasing caloric intake, NOT open season on eating shitty food.

Goin_Big
07-17-2002, 10:34 PM
I dont' see anything wrong with bulking on fast food, although I will agree that stuff like oreos don't need to be used to up your calorie intake :)

GIS
07-20-2002, 12:21 AM
http://www.mcdonalds.com/countries/usa/food/nutrition_facts/sandfries/index.html

The nutrition facts for McDonalds burgers. I'd go McGrill chicken if you want to splurge and not feel as guilty.

Budiak
07-20-2002, 01:08 AM
I usually have a splurgie type meal every thursday or friday, and some ice cream or whatever.

This has helped me lose so much weight because it keeps me from binging, and it allows me to actually go out and hang out and eat what my fat, lazy friends eat so I dont look like an outsider. If you go out and your friends eat a Filet-o-fish sandwich and then jump off of a building, go ahead and do it, it will maintain your siznanity.

Or something. just dont eat Russian food. Its mostly people.

Mystic Eric
07-20-2002, 01:21 AM
Last summer I had a BigXtra everyday and made awesome gains.

Silverback
07-20-2002, 02:01 AM
lol @ Budiak,

i think if your serious about gaining quality muscle to build a sold frame, then it would be a good idea to stick to a 99% clean diet. otherwise you'll be making it harder for yourself come time to cut.

Try and incorporate a 'cheat meal/day' once a week if you must. Since ive been eating clean for a few months now ive lost the desire to eat sugary/fatty foods. but i suppose everybody's different

GIS
07-20-2002, 02:16 AM
Yeah, I ate so well there for a couple of months that when I was with some friends and we had pizza I got the worst gut ache because my body wasn't used to so much fat.

Does anybody know anything about the theory that if you stay away from fats for a fairly long time then eat something really fatty all at once, the fat isn't absorbed into the system like it normally would? I heard it's basically just sent out the pooper and not absorbed, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Mystic Eric
07-20-2002, 02:16 AM
My current diet consists of oatmeal, whey protein, beef, some veggies, milk, and peanut butter right now.

GIS
07-20-2002, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Mystic Eric
My current diet consists of oatmeal, whey protein, beef, some veggies, milk, and peanut butter right now.

That's it? Geesh.

I eat quite a bit of different things, but I'm not too concerned about carbs. I do go through a gallon of milk every 3 days or so and probably 4 chicken breasts every two days. 2-3 protein shakes and 1 protein bar as well. Other than that I basically eat whatever whenever such as teryaki, salads, tacos with lean beef... I can't imagine just sticking to the short list you put down and not going insane! :eek:

I pretty much graze all day and don't eat regular meals other than dinner. But, I need to watch my carb intake at night because I think it has raised my BF %.

Mystic Eric
07-20-2002, 03:28 AM
Well I also eat lots of subway, fruit, rice, chicken breast at work lol actually, I eat anything.

Natural Animal
07-22-2002, 03:25 AM
Admittedly my main bulking food during my phase was the quarter pounder .

You seen when I first got into this BB thing I knew jack **** about it all. If I knew what I know now then I would have sourced cleaner foods and foods with less fat, although I definitely needed a bit of fat on me back then. Who knows maybe I did the right thing for someone who never aims to be in the competitive BB circuit.

Have a filet o fish once a fortnight on a cheat day man, they taste good aye. I am now on a no maccas ever diet!!