PDA

View Full Version : technogeeky's drop journal

technogeeky
07-17-2002, 10:22 PM
This journal is mainly here so I can track my exercise, sleeping, eating, etc habits.

My goal is (over a long time) to get down to 210 lbs, which is a 70 lb cut. I am 6'5.

My current picture can be seen here:

picture on 7/15/02 (http://www.fitfor2.com/drew/notme.jpg)

When I figure out my cardio goals, I'll post them here. Likewise with weightlifting goals. For diet, I'm simply going to eat very clean foods. I don't feel like counting calories and everything, but I may get to that point at a later date.

My original post with my intentions is here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16747&pagenumber=1)

technogeeky
07-17-2002, 10:34 PM
Date: 7/17/2002

Notes:

Today is the 2nd day on a diet. Still haven't done any serious cardio, and won't be able to tomorrow.
I am noticing myself crave candies, soda, foods (such as Pizza, things in ads) but have't eaten anything uhealthy as of yet.

I've had CONSTANT headache since I stopped drinking sodas. it sucks. Bad.

Food:

Meal 1: NONE

Meal 2: 6" sub on wheat bread, turkey and roast beef with mustard, onions, jalepeno peppers, pickles, lettuce, tomato, pepper, oregano.

Meal 3: NONE

Meal 4: NONE

Meal 5: Home-made salad. 1 grilled chicken breast blackened with pepper. Lettuce, a few crutons, pepper in salad, Kraft FREE Classic Caesar dressing applied to fork, then salad.

Both meals today were very good. The salad wasn't exceptional, but I used like 1 tblspoon of dressing total, which is not a lot at all.

Celebratory Dessert: I just turned 18 so we are eating some ice cream cake. MAJOR bad for me, but i'm not going to turn down a few slices of my OWN birthday cake. :)

Sleep:

I got 8 hours of sleep but only because I didn't exercise. I haven't managed to get a straight sleep session yet. I'm not sure as to why. I slept from about 7:00 to 10:00 at night as well.

Questions:

1. Is it OK to one (diet) soda every few days. I've had like 10 glasses of water today, but i find myself craving some soda for obvious reasons.
2. When I go out with my friends and we go to a resturant, I can choose what I want. But sometimes we'll order pizza or something. Is there anything wrong with just having pizza? It seems kind of rude to go so far out of my way to make a healthy meal in some cases. Not to mention, I really like pizza!

Tryska
07-17-2002, 10:44 PM
ride out the headaches. it's prolly just caffeine withdrawal. if you can ride it out for 48 hours you should be good to go.

other then that....don't beat yourself up about not having good diet days. just get back on the horse with your next mealor the next day or whatever.

technogeeky
07-18-2002, 07:36 PM
A few questions:

For the past few days, I've been extremly tired. I come home from a 9 hour job and sleep. Granted, it's humid and hot as hell in here, but it's unusual. Is it possible I'm being malnourished?

What kind of supplements should I be taking, if any? Could someone explain what they do / how they apply to me?

Thanks!

-Drew

Tryska
07-18-2002, 07:39 PM
well i'd go with skipping meals 1, 3 and 4 as being malnourished yeah.

ya gotta feed the machine, even when your dieting.

technogeeky
07-18-2002, 07:49 PM
7/18/2002 Journal

Notes:

I was sleepy as hell after work today. That and the day was quite stressful as the company I work for lost it's internet connection and it's an *internet company*. We might be screwed!

Food:

Meal 1: NONE

Meal 2: 6" wheat sub with turkey, lettuce, mustard, pickles.

Meal 3: salad with 1 medium sized (self) grilled chicken breast, light crutons, light Kraft FREE dressing

Meal 4: NONE

Meal 5: UNSURE, YET.

My question: do the meals I'm eating sound about the right proportion to a 5 day-per-day meal plan?

No running this morning, as promised. I will run tomorrow morning for the 2nd time.

-Drew

Tryska
07-18-2002, 10:43 PM
your gonna need to eat way more than that.

i got a handy trick from a competing aquaintance of mien that has really helped me with my eating. eat according to the clock - 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm. This way no matter when i wake up, at the closest hour, i am feeding.

you should be gettign in at least 3000 cals a day. looking at what you've eaten so far, i'd say your at barely 1200. that's not gonna help you lose weight. trust me on that.

technogeeky
07-19-2002, 10:32 AM
So far today, I've eaten:

MEAL 1: Quaker Oats oatmeal, water, sweet-n-low, cinnamon. Tall glass of chocolate 2% milk.

MEAL 2: 1 can of Albacore Tuna with 1 tbsp mayonasse, 1 tbsp relish, 5 pcs. melba toast rye.

MEAL 3: post-workout smoothie from Smoothie King. They lied to me, told me it was packed with protien and it wasn't. Bastards!

MEAL 4 / 5: Chinese food. Don't ask. :)

I had one soda today. It tasted horrible to me. *shrug*

Pretty yummy this far. I love tuna, I always have.

LMK on the mayo, chocolate milk

Tryska
07-19-2002, 10:35 AM
for right now...it's cool. remember, you gotta get 3000 cals in. i suppose if there is any good time to have sugar it would be in that first meal of the day.

technogeeky
07-19-2002, 10:37 AM
I have a mentor :)

Thanks, Tryska!

Tryska
07-19-2002, 10:40 AM
hee hee...no probs man.

technogeeky
07-19-2002, 01:05 PM
I'm 'bout to go to the gym and do shoulders, triceps, bicepts of the WBB1 routine. And maybe even convert my friend over to WBB routines!

Cardio today is washing 3 cars. *ugh*

-Drew

Assassinator
07-19-2002, 01:42 PM
Thats a nice Digital Cam. :)

technogeeky
07-22-2002, 07:45 AM
7/20/2002

MEALS:

1: not up yet..

2: 1 can tuna. 1 tbsp regular mayo, relish.

3: meal replacement smoothie - 36g protein, 41g carbs, 700 cal.

4: chicken and rice soup (i hoped it was going to be broth based, but it was cream based. oh well) and a chicken caesar salad with minimal dressing on the side.

My friend (he's in-shape and goes to the gym a lot) says that I am starving myself, etc. I am not hungry beyond what I'm eating.

What the heck else can I eat if I need to reach 3000 calories.

I have to go to work. I'll post sunday's meals from there.

technogeeky
07-22-2002, 05:36 PM
7/21/02

MEALS:

1: OATMEAL

2: typical tuna with egg

3: I forgot

4/5: Grilled Chicken Asain salad. Peanuts! :)

technogeeky
07-22-2002, 05:38 PM
MEALS:

1: Oatmeal, some sugar, choclate milk, orange juice.
2: Tuna (1 tbsp mayo, relish)
3: Ceasar Salad with light dressing
4: Grilled Fajitas.

WORKOUT:

I need some help defining the chin-ups and the dips. As well as the form on all the dumbell back exercises for the WBB routine. I might need to find a substitute for chin-ups as I have no way of doing this without assistance and my gym equip. won't provide that.

I wrote down what I was able to perform. My muscle endurance is pathetic and it shows.

CARDIO:

I managed to jog/walk 25 minutes in the morning around a pretty hilly environment. I noticed that I felt like absolute crap afterwards.

technogeeky
07-23-2002, 08:11 PM
7/23/02

MEALS:

1: None

2: Tuna Fish (same old) plus 1 peice of white bread

3: 600 cal smoothie, 50g protien

4:egg, bowl of fresh fruit

5:rice, small amt. fried rice, chicken

Off today. I'm doing cardio every other day this week as I'm having a hard time recovering from anything. I assume that will only get better with effort and time.

Cheers!

Tryska
07-23-2002, 08:18 PM
akers mill has an assisted chin/dip machine.

Tryska
07-23-2002, 08:19 PM
and you gotta start eating breakfast young man.