PDA

View Full Version : Bumper plates on concrete

hellagrant
12-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Happy Holidays.

For those who use bumper plates on a concrete surface, do you place a layer of protection? (so that the bumper plates don't get beat up).

I want to clean and jerk on my driveway, so I can't build a platform. I was thinking maybe a small piece of plywood(4x4) that I can place and remove. Again I want to stress that I won't be able to build a platform because it is on my driveway and the wife would kill me. Also I do have a platform in the house but the ceiling is too low for clean and jerks.

RFabsik
12-24-2012, 01:42 PM
I use my bumpers on the asphault and it really isn't a problem. It's a matter of how clean and unscraped you want your bumpers.

If you want them to be as clean and scrape free, buy a stall mat (4'x6' of 1/2-3/4" rubber). You could easily pull and drag that out and it would give you protection.

But, if you don't care if they get a little beat up, function wise they'll be fine without a mat or board.

RhodeHouse
12-29-2012, 10:29 AM
I'd get a rubber mat. Try a Horse Supply store.

Tom Mutaffis
01-02-2013, 09:38 AM
This would be my recommendation as well:

I'd get a rubber mat. Try a Horse Supply store.

If you have a local Tractor Supply (http://www.tractorsupply.com/) the stall mat will run you about $35-40 and will preserve the bumpers from getting beat up in the driveway.

For a less expensive option if you are on a budget you could get some of the square inter-locking foam mats for about half that cost but they will not be quite as durable.