View Full Version : KoSh: The Cube, Hopefully it's not a Rubix...
I haven't been around in awhile. I doubt any of you even remember me. Even though I haven't been here, I've still been lifting. I've been keeping a physical log, but I find the internet forum is a great place to put things as its easily accessible.
I purchased "The Cube Method" and I have to say, it looks like a lot of fun. I'll spare you some of the details, and I deviated slightly on some of the assistance stuff.
I also severely cut down my maxes and THEN took 95% of those to use as my working maxes. I like working with heavy weights, but still submaximal. Helps with confidence for hitting big PRs later and I've had a lot of problems with injuries, so cutting down on the actual max should help me out a bit in that regard.
Four Days a Week
Working Maxes: (Again, these are cut down first and THEN reduced to 95%)
BO Rows: 220
Cycle 1, Week 1, Day 1
1) Military Press: 3x10 (95#x10, 115#x10, 125#x10) - 125 was a good battle, but overall these were fairly easy.
2) Klokov Press: 3x5 (95#x5,5,5) - The Russians know how to have a good time.
3) Nautilus Standing Shrug: 3x10 (180#x10,10,10) - Paused these for three at the top.
4) Seated Pushdown Tris: 3x10 (150#x10,10,10) - Easy work, extra tri session here
5) 3-Way Shoulder Raises: 3x10 each way (10#x10,10,10) Easy.
6) Nautilus Seated Row: 3x10 (90#x10,10,10) - Just a little extra, light back work.
Good day, good start.
Cycle 1, Week 1, Day 2
HEAVY DEADS DAY
1) Deficit Deads (4" deficit): 80% of WM (315) 5 sets of 2 reps - These were fun. Haven't done a deficit in awhile. Exciting.
2) Good Mornings: 2x15 (95#x15,15) - Got REAL deep and got a good stretch. Light weight but great burn.
3) Standing T-Bar Rows: 3x15 (70#x15,15,15) - Light, but these burned. Focused on form.
4) Nautilus Lat Pulldown: 3x15 (90#x15,15,15)
5) DB Bicep Curls: 3x15 (20x15,15,15) - Light weight, good burn. Explosive concentric, three second eccentric)
6) Seated Nautiulus High Bicep Curl: 3x15 (30#x15,15,15) -These sucked.
7) Nautilus Ab Machine: 4x20 (80#x20,20,20,20)
I doubt any of you even remember me.
wtf, lol...glad to see you dude, welcome back.
Good luck with everything!
Cycle 1 Week 1 Day 3
EXPLOSIVE BENCH DAY:
1) Floor Press : 60% of WM (155) 8 sets of 3 reps - I rested 15 seconds between each set and performed each set explosively.
2) Bench Press: 70% of WM (205) 2 sets of 10 reps - Focused on form. Got these done.
3) Flat Flyes: 3x12 (50#x12,12,12) - These were a good battle.
4) Tricep Pushdown (V-Bar): 3x20 (90#x20,20,20) - Easy, but felt a nice burn on last ten reps or so.
5) Incline Elbows Out Tricep Extensions: 3x10 (35#x10,10,10)
6) Rope Tricep Pulldowns: 50 Total Reps (110#x20,15,10,5)
I still have the volume quite high, but I can tell I'll be cutting down slightly on some of the volume. But I love training with a good amount of reps after the main lift. We'll see how I respond in training.
Cycle 1 Week 1 Day 4
REPETITION SQUAT DAY:
1) Squat: 70% of WM (255) 1 set of 8 reps - Easy work, but I did a lot of volume for warmups, so these burned.
2) Leg Press: 2x3 (670#x3, 760#x3) - Felt good, was explosive.
3) Laying Leg Curls: 3x8 (130#x8,8,8)
4) Seated Nautilus Calf Raises: 3x8 (180#x8,8,8)
5) Weighted Abdominals: 3x8 (70#x8,8,8)
Good first week!
Cycle 1 Week 2 Day 1
1) Military Press: 3x8 (135#x8,8,8)
2) Klokov Press: 3x4 (105#x4,4,4)
3) Smith High Pulls: 3x8 (95#x8, 115#x8, 125#x8)
4) Seated Chest Press: 3x10 (90#x10,10,10)
5) Pull Ups: 3x5 (BWx5,5,5)
6) Seated Nautilus Bicep Curls: 3x10 (65#x10,10,10)
Good first week!
No joke, all is well bro.
No joke, all is well bro.
Thanks, Coke. Still giving props... You rock man.
Cycle 1 Week 2 Day 2
EXPLOSIVE SQUAT DAY:
1) Squat: 60% of WM (225) 8x3 - 15 second rest period between sets. I never thought 225 would burn while squatting. It did. Those 15 second rests were no joke.
2)Leg Press: 2x15 (200#x15,15) Really light. Let the weight settle with knees buried then exploded up. Good burn, but light.
3) Leg Curls: 3x15 (85# 15,15,15)
4) Leg Press Calf Raise: 3x12 (400#x12,12,12)
5) Nautilus Abs: 50 reps (95#x20,15,15)
Good day. Did some cardio too. Gotta get used to the volume, but once I do that I should get the weights used settled correctly. So far, enjoying this.
Cycle 1 Week 2 Day 3
REPETITION DEADLIFT DAY:
1) Bent Over Rows 70% of WM (155) 1x8 - WAY too easy. Cut down this weight entirely too much. Oh, and yes, it's deadlift day, but on rep day, it goes to BO Rows. Big fan.
2) Good Mornings: 2x3 (185#x3,3) - Easy, yet felt strong.
3) Lat Pulldown: 3x5 (170#x5,5,5)
4) DB Bicep Curls w/ Fat Gripz: 3x8 (30#x8,8,8) - First time using Fat Gripz. LOVED it. Arms were on fire, and 30# isn't anything difficult
5) Nautilus High Bicep Curl: 3x8 (40#x8,8,8)
6) Sit Ups: 3x8
BO Rows were too light. Didn't feel much of anything with those. But overall another good day.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.