PDA

View Full Version : double bw bench achievable?

gaz90
01-08-2013, 02:14 PM
since i was 15 ive always been able to bench press 1.5 times bw or more.

i would consider the bench to be my strongest and favorite of the 3 lifts, because of this ive always wanted to achieve a double bw press...

ive been at a 1.75xbw for nearly 2years, as i get stronger i get heavier -I am happy with the progress I'm making, but it leaves me wondering if such a goal is in reach? not that it makes a difference, im addicted to lifting so screw the stupid numbers.

how common is a double bw bench anyway?!

ScottYard
01-08-2013, 06:59 PM
A double body weight bench isnt very common raw. In a shirt Guys are doing triple body weight.

Think about it

A double body weight for 198 raw is 396, for 242 its 484, for 275 its 550, and for 300 its 600. These are national caliber elite level benchs and I know in many feds would be american/national record or very close to it.

That being said its very possible. Just remember that powerlifting is a marathon not sprint and progress can be slow and take a long time. Just plug away and a double body weight bench could happen.

vdizenzo
01-09-2013, 07:07 AM
It is definitely achievable. It is something I am really proud I accomplished. However, I only ended up doing it after dropping some extra bodyfat. Pretty simple concept, the heavier you are the harder it is to achieve.

gaz90
01-09-2013, 11:09 AM
thanks guys, thats what i was hoping to hear!