PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Advice

Spartian
01-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Just started my first serious cut. Looking for a simple review to make sure everything is in order because I'm pretty new to this. I've done my research and think everything is figured out nicely...

The goal is for about 10% bodyfat. I think based on my current weight it will take about 10-12 weeks to obtain.

My plan is based on my following stats:

Total starting BW 195lbs, 18% bodyfat, 35" waist, 160ish LBM, 69 inches tall.

I figured from these stats I would need to eat something in the order of 2100 cals per day (-1000 from BMR which I calculated at 3100 WITH moderate exercise - I'm hitting the gym about 4 days a week).

My diet is simple, and boring. This works best for me because I hate measuring shit so i just like to keep it the same and add it all up once so I don't have to fuck about in the kitchen.

Morning:
Smoothie: milk, yoghurt, oats, protein powder, blueberries, strawberries ect.
600 cals, 60g protein, 60g carbs, 11g fat.

Noon:
Chicken with chili sauce, and roasted veg
350 cals, 52g protein, 6.1 carbs, 12g fat.

Afternoon:
Repeat smoothie

Evening:
Repeat chicken with veg

All adds up to about 2,000 cals a day and 225 grams of protein. I might add a post workout shake in on workout days which would be an extra 250 cals & 50g protein.

Would be really good for a brief critique of my math, strategy and diet to ensure it is sensible and I have everything figured out properly.

REALLY appreciate all comments and feedback!

I might create a log or something to track the progress somewhere..

Thanks all!!

KristianT
01-12-2013, 06:46 PM
What is your pre-workout like? The first time I did a cut I was loosing some serious strength because I just wasn't used to training on a deficit. 15 minutes in and my mind was very foggy and I just couldn't lift properly. I really rely on a good pre-workout shot of caffeine and some filthy dubstep on full-blast when I cut. Try keeping a training log and be wary of your strength dropping.

Spartian
01-13-2013, 03:42 AM
What is your pre-workout like? The first time I did a cut I was loosing some serious strength because I just wasn't used to training on a deficit. 15 minutes in and my mind was very foggy and I just couldn't lift properly. I really rely on a good pre-workout shot of caffeine and some filthy dubstep on full-blast when I cut. Try keeping a training log and be wary of your strength dropping.

Good point!

I thought about taking a few extra carbs before going down.. but so far I've not needed it.
I think it is mind over matter... i know i can lift it, and i will lift it. So far i'm as strong, if not stronger (albeit after 1.5 weeks) :D.

Thanks for your reply!