PDA

View Full Version : My not terrible deadlift workout

Alex.V
02-18-2013, 06:00 PM
This is 2 days (48 hours almost exactly) after my 3 hour, ~18 mile trail run/slog on saturday. Good run, btw- all single track, loads of mud puddles, snowing the whole time... loads of fun. Spent all of sunday recovering, stuffed myself Monday morning, then pulled 700 for the first time in a while.

Bodyweight 217-225, depending on time of day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPSEI7J3xY&feature=youtu.be

Invain
02-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Awesome pull man. Nothing pisses me off more than ripping a callus real deep like that. Such a pain in the ass to train around.

Alex.V
02-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Thanks man. No shit right?? I'm trying to decide if it's better to superglue it or just cut that crap off entirely and let it heal up. Once they start ripping they just keep going... and nobody wants to bleed all over the equipment.

Invain
02-18-2013, 06:41 PM
Yeah I always cut them off. Not worth the hassle.

Alex.V
02-18-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm currently trying to nut up and do that, but blood scares me and I don't want to hurt my delicate little hands.

GazzyG
02-19-2013, 03:29 AM
Not bad!

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/p-16uZCXZfw/hqdefault.jpg

tmor6
02-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Nice pull, very impressive. Nice looking gym, too!

I did get a bit nervous watching you drop that weight so close to your feet with that wide sumo stance!

Jonathan E
02-20-2013, 12:33 AM
Great job. As far as calluses go, I sometimes go to my athletic trainers and have them apply some pre-wrap followed by stretchy tape. Works great for my broken ones. I'm sure you can buy the stuff cheap online and just put it on yourself.

Alex.V
02-20-2013, 10:54 AM
hehehe, I actually did hit my toes on that last one- usually just skips off the outside of the shoe, though. No big deal. What's a few smashed toenails?

For the calluses- yeah, cleaned it, superglued it back down, have it wrapped with surgical tape for now. Pain in the ass, man. Always the wrong things that break down on me. :)

Patz
02-21-2013, 10:47 AM
Can't see the video from the phone. :(

DO NOT EVER USE NEW SKIN. I've had 4 spinal taps and a ruptured appendix and New Skin hurt more than any of them. It made me sweat immediately..lol. It's also flimsy and worthless for anything bigger than a small cut.

I always just trim it off (also really f'ing hurts) and keep the giant open wound covered with a big nexcare square bandage. It's back to normal in 3-4 days.

Alex.V
02-21-2013, 10:52 AM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15444290/20130221_125141.jpg

Good as new

Alex.V
02-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Can't see the video from the phone. :(

DO NOT EVER USE NEW SKIN. I've had 4 spinal taps and a ruptured appendix and New Skin hurt more than any of them. It made me sweat immediately..lol. It's also flimsy and worthless for anything bigger than a small cut.

I always just trim it off (also really f'ing hurts) and keep the giant open wound covered with a big nexcare square bandage. It's back to normal in 3-4 days.

Agreed here- new skin doesn't do a damn thing. No, you gotta use the extra-bond superglue from the hardware store- forms a hard coat over the skin and actually lets some healing go on. Just don't forget you have it on your hand when you wash your face. Shit has sharp edges. ouch.

JSully
02-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Shit has sharp edges. ouch.

rookie, lol

get some 100 grit sandpaper.

Alex.V
02-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Watch it, son. I've been lifting weights since I was a glint in your daddy's eye.

Well, maybe not quite.

Cards
03-04-2013, 10:02 PM
new meaning to grip it and rip it, great pulls.

_8_Ball
04-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Man... I've been on this site since 2002, I've probably read hundreds of your posts over the years and assumed you were some young-ish frat guy because your location was "Duke" here I finally see you and you're totally not what I expected.

Anyways, great pulls, I enjoyed the little pre-lift shimmy you do side to side. I like the way you don't F-around, you approach the bar, shimmy and lift it. I /bow to you sir.

Alinshop
04-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Nice pull Alex. I also liked the little dance /shimmy you did to psych yourself up beforehand. I do that same dance :)

Alex.V
04-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Nice pull Alex. I also liked the little dance /shimmy you did to psych yourself up beforehand. I do that same dance :)

hahaha. Man, it's releasing excess energy! Or... I dunno. Hell. I guess what works, works, right? :)

8- I probably WAS a young-ish, almost fratty guy back then. You do realize that was over a decade ago, right? :D And thanks, mate.