PDA

View Full Version : Sore shoulder.....nice.....

KJDANEXT0
02-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Ok well my shoulder is getting more painful now for the last 2 weeks or so and I'm pissed off.

I knew this was coming, and now my shoulder has been extra painful the last 3 days since I started doing paused close grip benches again. I've just finished another session of it now and my shoulder is even more sore...Yay.

I posted a thread a while ago about flaring on the close grip bench press. Now I flare sometimes on any grip but the close grip somehow makes me flare really bad and it fucks up my left shoulder. I don't get any shoulder pain doing wide grip(index on rings) believe it or not.

This is 100 % retardedness on my part and I'm foolish for not listening to my own body, but it's too late for that now.

I can't describe exactly where the Pain is but does anyone have any recommendations here? Should I get someone to massage it or something? Was thinking of going to the doc to check it out.

Wont be benching for a while now....fucking nice...

BULK_BOY
02-20-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm in a similar boat. Off to see an RMT tomorrow. Hopefully he can work his magic. Good Luck.

GazzyG
02-20-2013, 03:15 PM
Just tweaked my rotator only a week ago after benching/DBs.

Lots of ibuprofen gel massaged right into where it hurt over a few days and it's fine now.

Travis Bell
02-20-2013, 07:36 PM
You have to have a general idea of where the pain is. Front or back? High or low? Does it throb, is it sharp or is it achey?

If your elbows flaring is a big problem, take a look at your upper back and lat work. That may be lacking.

KJDANEXT0
02-21-2013, 05:10 AM
You have to have a general idea of where the pain is. Front or back? High or low? Does it throb, is it sharp or is it achey?

If your elbows flaring is a big problem, take a look at your upper back and lat work. That may be lacking.

Travis, most of the pain seems to be around the top of the shoulder, right at the bony part that sticks out, and also abit toward the front delt. Sharp or achey? Hmm I'd say more achey if it's at certain angles.

About back work, I do alot of rows(Pendlay, close grip underhand, t bar) and my upper back seems to be well developed. Lats arnt weak either as far as I can tell. Do you think paused reps could be causing the faring? This only started when I began doing paused close grips.

I'm gonna try some ibuprofen rub to see if it does anything

Travis Bell
02-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Thats your AC joint. Light, high rep shrugs will help. In addition work on some front delt mobility as well as hitting around the AC joint with a lacrosse ball.

KJDANEXT0
02-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Thats your AC joint. Light, high rep shrugs will help. In addition work on some front delt mobility as well as hitting around the AC joint with a lacrosse ball.

Thanks Travis I'll try all of those.

KJDANEXT0
02-23-2013, 02:03 PM

Hey Travis(or anyone else for that matter) could you tell me about how high I should go on the reps for shrugs? Today I did 2 sets of 50 reps with 120lbs followed by a final sets of 65 reps with 45s in each hand. Does this seems about right?

Travis Bell
02-23-2013, 08:16 PM
Yeah that's fine. The idea is just to help create blood flow in the area as well as gently stretching it

KJDANEXT0
02-24-2013, 01:44 AM
Yeah that's fine. The idea is just to help create blood flow in the area as well as gently stretching it

Thanks man. My shoulder already feels way better since I posted this. It seems like just a small injury but I'll give it some time before I go back to the bench.