PDA

View Full Version : ALN fish oil and inflammation

synonymous
02-26-2013, 02:02 AM
I'm wondering at what dose people are taking fish oil in order to see benefits when it comes to inflammation. I know it says take 3 tabs a day, once after every meal, but I get the feeling that there are those on here taking a much larger dose to help with inflammation issues (Or who are using it to help in other ways).

I wonder if anyone has had success in figuring out their 'magic number' when it comes to fish oil and inflammation.

chris mason
02-27-2013, 08:07 PM
I am NOT recommending this to others, but I take 10-15 capsules per day typically. If you take any blood thinning medication etc. you have to be very careful.

synonymous
02-28-2013, 12:03 AM
Do you feel the benefits of taking such a high dose, as far as pains and what not? If so, how long before you started to notice the benefits?

chris mason
02-28-2013, 11:05 PM
It has been so long I have been doing it I can't remember how long it took. I do feel like it helps, but nothing monumental. I take it more for the potential cardiovascular benefits.

synonymous
03-02-2013, 07:04 AM
What are the potential cardiovascular benefits you're hoping to get (Or perhaps see so far) in taking such a high dose?