PDA

View Full Version : Deadlifting Session and PR, March '13

GazzyG
03-06-2013, 02:49 AM
1hBcQphCbRQ

Been chasing 200kg for nearly a year - was tough, but anything that leaves the floor I WILL lock out, lol!

Critiques on positioning etc welcomed.

Invain
03-06-2013, 06:42 AM
Congrats on the PR. Seems like you had a little more in the tank. Was definitely slow but there didn't seem to be any sticking points/waver points.

2kool
03-06-2013, 09:59 AM
looked good to me, congrats on the PR! always nice when you've chased it for a while to finally get it. also, how are u not wearing headphones?? taylor swift at a gym....

great job man

Chris Rodgers
03-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Nice pull! Looked pretty smooth the whole way. If you are slow/weak off the floor you might want to consider pulling your speed work from a dead stop so you get more work setting up and exploding off the floor.

You can also try getting really pissed off before you pull heavy. :swear: Always helps me.

Joe B
03-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Nice job Gazzy.

Do you have your shins against the bar when you start the pull? It's hard to tell from the front, but from the side the bar appears to travel backwards slightly and then up.

Could just be the camera angle...

GazzyG
03-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Congrats on the PR. Seems like you had a little more in the tank. Was definitely slow but there didn't seem to be any sticking points/waver points.

Cheers Invain!

looked good to me, congrats on the PR! always nice when you've chased it for a while to finally get it. also, how are u not wearing headphones?? taylor swift at a gym....

great job man

Thanks bud! And I really should take the iPod, tbh... Just keep forgetting.

Nice pull! Looked pretty smooth the whole way. If you are slow/weak off the floor you might want to consider pulling your speed work from a dead stop so you get more work setting up and exploding off the floor.

You can also try getting really pissed off before you pull heavy. :swear: Always helps me.

Cheers Chris! Yeah, I should really, bouncing's a bad habit, lol.

And I've thought of experiment with nose torq or ammonia, but unsure.

Nice job Gazzy.

Do you have your shins against the bar when you start the pull? It's hard to tell from the front, but from the side the bar appears to travel backwards slightly and then up.

Could just be the camera angle...

Cheers, Joe. And no, shins aren't entirely against the bar, about half inch off. I tend to stand with bar about halfway over my feet.

I used to shin-drag a lot, but find this setup a little bit more comfortable.

Chris Rodgers
03-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Cheers Chris! Yeah, I should really, bouncing's a bad habit, lol.

And I've thought of experiment with nose torq or ammonia, but unsure.

Well, I think tap and go reps have their place. For years I always pulled from a dead stop. I would crush anything off the floor, but would get stuck at the top. One of the things I started doing was tap and go reps and I feel they helped. Of course I also cycled in bands and chains which helped as well.

I have been competing for 10+ years and I have never used ammonia/Nose torque once. Just find a few songs that get you fired up and right before you approach the bar think of a person and/or thing that really pisses you off and just attack the bar. Also, calling yourself a weak bitch might help as well.