PDA

View Full Version : Meet ?s

jrock85
03-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Hey everyone,

Just a couple questions from someone with zero meet experience. I plan on doing an APA raw meet in my area so if you have exp with it would help. Regarding weight belts, I got an ATP single prong, lost lota weight have drilled multiple holes in, can I still use it or is it considered modified in some way. Looking to use knee wraps as well since allowed in this fed, was thinking about going with anaconda's or THP;s but read somewhere anaconda's not legal in all places(IPF,USAPL, others?), they would be 2.5m so know that parts legal, just curious if somethin else affected it, due to likin the wrist wraps they make figured would go with em, but if not o well. Finally, this may sound stupid, but just askin, plan on doin drug tested , take o/c stuff such as preworkout and creatine should be good right, guessin its just for prohormones and anabolics?

Thanks again

Chris Rodgers
03-11-2013, 07:03 PM
I have never competed in the APA before. Your best bet is to go to their website. Each federation should have their own rulebook which should cover all questions on equipment, banned substances, etc.

Going by the feds I HAVE competed in, I'd say the belt is fine, the wraps should be fine(as long as they allow wraps like you said) and regular supps like protein, creatine, aminos, Preworkouts, etc. should be fine also. But like I said, check the APA's rulebook and if you don't get your answer you can always contact the Meet director and ask him directly.

Good luck with your first meet!

jrock85
03-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Yea looked over rule book for a min, was just unsure on a couple parts. Thanks man pretty excited.

ScottYard
03-12-2013, 06:47 PM
You will be fine with your belt and wraps. The APA has a tested and untested division. Ive never seen or be given a drug test in the APA thouhg. I suppose they go by the honor system. Most feds that do test go by WADA standards. Check out that website as it gives a list of banned substances. To give you an idea of what is safe or not. Every product that ATLARGE NUTRITION carries is safe in any WADA drug test.