PDA

View Full Version : Question in regards to the Westside/Conjugate Periodization

luigisacs
03-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Good afternoon,

Before I state my question I just want to preface it with the note that I am not very strong, nor have I had years under the bar like the majority on this forum do. I am simply a returning lifter trying to gain some knowledge and to plan his future training. In other words don't kill me if what I say is dumb.

I have read, and have come to believe as true, that in order to facilitate strength gains one has to stress the body sufficiently, and then allow the body to rest from that stress in order to spur super compensation and thus strength gains. In a novice program the lifter would complete his stressor on Monday, take Tuesday off, and then be super compensated by Wednesday, thus allowing him/her to lift more weight than on Monday. For intermediate lifters the stressor would have to be higher and the period for super compensation would be longer, say a week. And thus the same for advanced lifters but would include consecutive stressor days/weeks and a longer rest period.

In regards to the Westside/Conjugate periodization how is this supercompensation achieved. Is the stressor the ME days where by the end of the week one would be able to move the weight on the DE days faster? Are both ME/DE days the stressor, in which the cumulative of several weeks is needed to cause an adaptation. What of the Circa Max training. How is this different in this term?

I apologize for the lengthy post, and would understand if no one responds. I am just very very curious and would like to be enlightened by this highly popular and successful method.

Thank you.