PDA

View Full Version : .help me out.

Puma
07-19-2002, 12:27 PM
alrite.. i need help losing weight. can u guys help me out by giving be a desription on what i should eat and when. and i also have a treadmill and a jumprope so when and how often should i exercise. and if theres anything else i should be doing let me know. thanks in advance.

Behemoth
07-19-2002, 12:49 PM
You need to get into a weightlifting program, but most importantly is your diet. Post some stats so we can help you further, post your goals and what your trying to do.

Puma
07-19-2002, 12:55 PM
i wanna lose at least about 20 pounds. i weigh i think 185. and im about 5"10. if u could give me details like wut i should eat and how much and when and like when i should workout that would be cool.

galileo
07-19-2002, 01:33 PM
Eat 2220 calories a day. Rinse. Repeat.

Check out this neat picture. It is exactly what you're looking for!

Puma
07-19-2002, 01:36 PM
dont see anything in that picture

galileo
07-19-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Puma
dont see anything in that picture
:bang:

Nights
07-19-2002, 01:55 PM
What I believe he is trying to show you is the search function provided by the forum. He is trying to tell you that you should read through the forums (diet and training, and possible even journals to discover what other people are doing) and then ask any questions you might have.

I'll give you a quick start. What you want to do right now, guessing you are a beginner is find a routine. I would suggest something like the wbb routine (found on wannabebig.com). A custom routine isn't for you yet, if you are new to this (you don't know how your body responds, so that's the way to go). Doing such will get you into weight lifting and bodybuilding in general. I suggest taking it slow at first. Ask any questions you have on the exercises and form of them.

This will get you started. As a beginner you will experience loss of fat AND gain of muscle. The second part is important. You lose 20 pounds now, your thinner, true.. but do you look any better for it? No. Add muscle, change the way you look. Healthier, stronger.. whatever. And this will definitely change you quicker then aerobics will ever do.

Second, take a look at peoples diets of around your same weight. Right now you don't really need to bulk or cut (eat above or below your maintence.. there's a good article by Anthony in the dieting section of wannabebig.com if you want to know more about these basics) but pretty much get into eating proper. This might mean following a routine to the letter, or simply understanding what you need.

Any questions, feel free to ask them.

Puma
07-19-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Nights
What I believe he is trying to show you is the search function provided by the forum. He is trying to tell you that you should read through the forums (diet and training, and possible even journals to discover what other people are doing) and then ask any questions you might have.

I'll give you a quick start. What you want to do right now, guessing you are a beginner is find a routine. I would suggest something like the wbb routine (found on wannabebig.com). A custom routine isn't for you yet, if you are new to this (you don't know how your body responds, so that's the way to go). Doing such will get you into weight lifting and bodybuilding in general. I suggest taking it slow at first. Ask any questions you have on the exercises and form of them.

This will get you started. As a beginner you will experience loss of fat AND gain of muscle. The second part is important. You lose 20 pounds now, your thinner, true.. but do you look any better for it? No. Add muscle, change the way you look. Healthier, stronger.. whatever. And this will definitely change you quicker then aerobics will ever do.

Second, take a look at peoples diets of around your same weight. Right now you don't really need to bulk or cut (eat above or below your maintence.. there's a good article by Anthony in the dieting section of wannabebig.com if you want to know more about these basics) but pretty much get into eating proper. This might mean following a routine to the letter, or simply understanding what you need.

Any questions, feel free to ask them. thanks.

Puma
07-19-2002, 02:38 PM
i jus checked out the wbb routine and i have no idea wut it is saying. for example i have no idea what a military press in rack or straight legged deadlifts are. and i have no access to a gym. all i have is a treadmill and a jumprope.

galileo
07-19-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Nights

I was actually expressing my love for fuedal Europe. But I'll take credit for the rest as well.

Behemoth
07-19-2002, 03:27 PM
Do you have a job? Can you get access to a gym, you just don't currently?

Puma
07-19-2002, 03:31 PM
no job no access to gym.

Nights
07-20-2002, 12:29 PM
Do you have enough money put away that you can buy a bench and some free weights? Like I said, if you actually wanted to change the way you look, your going to have to do more then aerobic (this might just be my opinion.. i find that to be a waste of time except for the heart). Jump rope, a treadmill and diet will do it for you if you want to just lose the weight, though.

And a list of exercises can be found here (www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html) -- as you can see, your going to need a little more then what you already have.

nightop
07-20-2002, 02:53 PM
you prolly mean you want to lose fat.... not weight (why would u want to weigh less?) ... there are thousands of threads here and on other forums about diet and training... read read read....

here is a link for some basic info http://www.hussman.org/fitness/ ... don't believe everything you read ANYWHERE, even the most convincing arguments can be false.. just look for basics that everyone acknowledges as truth.. such as >

1. You have to be in a caloric deficit (burn more than you take in) in order to lose fat.... you can do this by increasing your cardio work (cycling, running) or start if you aren't already... or by simply lowering your calories... however keep in mind that the lower the calories get, your body's metabolism begins to slow down as well.

2. Eat many (like 5-8) smaller meals more often through the day, rather than 3 big meals.

3. Do cardio on an empty stomach (preferaby 3 hours since your last meal).

4. Eat enough unsaturated fats and fatty acids but don't overdo it... no more McDonalds.

... stuff like that.... imean there is so much info, you are gonna have to do some searches.... and it gets much more complex if you are worried about muscle as well... If I were you, I would get serious about training and add some cardio work 3x week and get your diet in order... some ppl really like the CKD diet for fat loss... I would look into carbo cycling.