PDA

View Full Version : BCAA+ question

AiCPearlJamWeen
03-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Quick question with the BCAA+. When is the optimal time to take it? Right after a workout? At night before bed after a hard day of lifting? I want to get the most out of this stuff (since it was apart of your buy something get BCAA free deal) in case I'm going to be interested it in future purchases. Also, should I be using it on my non-training days?

Jonathan E
03-28-2013, 12:25 PM
I've heard good times can be in the middle of your training session or randomly through out the day if you're cutting and need those extra AA's. But if you're not cutting, I'd just do it Pre/Intra workout.

chris mason
03-28-2013, 12:38 PM
What he said :).

Alex.V
03-28-2013, 07:10 PM
Incidentally, if anybody's curious, the watermelon BCAA+'s taste PHENOMENAL if mixed with lemon gatorade. Never woulda thought it, but it's perhaps the only non-water drink I can take with me on long runs anymore. Everything else is too syrupy sweet, and the stuff has a great tanginess to it. Not only that, but BCAAs and Gatorade make pretty much the PERFECT drink for anybody engaged in any extended activity.

AiCPearlJamWeen
03-28-2013, 07:18 PM
I've been trying to lose fat (not weight) so I've been focusing on interval training on a treadmill for 30-45 minutes a training session with some high rep/low weight dumbbell lifts peppered in after. I should be drinking it while working lifting? Sounds good! Once it starts to warm up here in Western NY I will go into a heavy kettlebell workout and outdoor running.

chris mason
03-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Incidentally, if anybody's curious, the watermelon BCAA+'s taste PHENOMENAL if mixed with lemon gatorade. Never woulda thought it, but it's perhaps the only non-water drink I can take with me on long runs anymore. Everything else is too syrupy sweet, and the stuff has a great tanginess to it. Not only that, but BCAAs and Gatorade make pretty much the PERFECT drink for anybody engaged in any extended activity.

Huh? I'll have to try that :).

ScottYard
04-03-2013, 01:53 PM
I've heard good times can be in the middle of your training session or randomly through out the day if you're cutting and need those extra AA's. But if you're not cutting, I'd just do it Pre/Intra workout.

I agree. When Im cutting for a meet I like to BCAA plus them mid day. I feel better and not as drained prior to my workout

Alinshop
04-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Not to high jack your thread, but does anyone have an opinion on SAA's? I have been reading that they are all hype unlike BCAA's.