PDA

View Full Version : 9" deficit deads anyone?

Clone
03-28-2013, 06:55 AM
Been thinking of doing this for a while and finally made it. For a while my shoulders were bothering me during squats and i joked with a buddy that I was gonna make a tall deficit platform for my trap bar, that would replicate a squat.

Its 9" high and puts me a tiny bit below parallel.

I only messed around with it, haven't really loaded it up yet. Man, that is one LONG pull. LOL. Not sure how useful this will really be, but it only cost about $10 to make.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/BCR_02/homegym/trapbar.jpg

jmccown
03-28-2013, 07:25 AM
nice plate holder in the background

Clone
03-29-2013, 05:40 AM
nice plate holder in the background

Yeah thanks. It works great.

Lots of wood stuff down there. Different box squat heights and boards. I even made a prowler out of wood. LOL

Travis Bell
03-29-2013, 10:00 AM
How are you expecting a deadlift to mimic the squat?

I would be very careful with going at that much of a deficit. There really is a point of diminishing returns with something like that.

Clone
03-30-2013, 05:56 AM
How are you expecting a deadlift to mimic the squat?

I would be very careful with going at that much of a deficit. There really is a point of diminishing returns with something like that.

Hey Travis!

This idea originally started as a joke actually. At one time my shoulders were real beat up and squatting wasn't helping the issue.

I don't have a safety squat bar, so I half joking said to a buddy "I wish there was a way to do deads but get my thighs to parallel" (as a temporary replacement for squats)

So what i meant was i wanted a deadlift to mimic the depth of a squat, because i wanted to try squats without having the bar on my back.

This whole thing is slightly "tongue in cheek" LOL.

I have no idea how useful this would be. If at all.