PDA

View Full Version : Are these good supplements to be taking?

RinkerxX
03-31-2013, 03:18 PM
I take

ON 100% Whey
AtLarge 5mg Creatine
Animal Pak Cuts
GNC one a day multi

Anything I should add to this? I'm trying to cut my weight down while building bulk muscle not really looking for definition as much as muscle size. Any suggestions would help

D-RAS03
03-31-2013, 04:26 PM
Get rid of the ON whey and GNC multivitamin and get Nitrean + and multi-plus from atlarge. Much better products than your using now. I would stop the animal paks altogether. Are you trying to cut or bulk? Can't do both at once.

Jonathan E
03-31-2013, 11:10 PM
I think it's fine.

In my opinion, ON protein is the best of the worst if you don't use Atlarge.

chris mason
04-01-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm confused? You are trying to lose weight but not seeking definition and want bigger muscles?

D-RAS03
04-01-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm confused? You are trying to lose weight but not seeking definition and want bigger muscles?

That's where he lost me.

big ragu
04-02-2013, 11:15 AM
I have a dumb question that this seems like the right place to ask. What really is the difference in proteins? I understand why ALN is pushed here, and I'm sure it's a great product, but what makes it better? I'm really not being a smartass, or a dick, I just really am curious. I just placed an order for some stuff from ALN, but I normally just buy some Whey from the vitamin shoppe up the road. I appreciate the info.

04-02-2013, 04:38 PM
I have a dumb question that this seems like the right place to ask. What really is the difference in proteins? I understand why ALN is pushed here, and I'm sure it's a great product, but what makes it better? I'm really not being a smartass, or a dick, I just really am curious. I just placed an order for some stuff from ALN, but I normally just buy some Whey from the vitamin shoppe up the road. I appreciate the info.

Well... The stuff about it being a "superior blend" of fast, slow and well metabolized types of protein should be pretty easy to find... just read the product's page on the site. Those factors make it way better than most products on the market - but a less tangible factor is the trustworthiness of the company. I am guessing you don't know a ton about the supplement industry, but I encourage you to do some careful research - it is very unregulated and dishonest. I have seen over the few years of following ALN that they are different; I trust them to not poison me, sell me inferior ingredients or try to bullshit me. Also, Nitrean digests really well compared to most shit I've tried: no bloating, no shits... nuff said.

big ragu
04-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Like I said, not trying to be a dick at all. Was just curious since you're right, I don't know squat about the supplement industry. My history with supplementing is very limited mostly because I don't trust the industry based on what I've read. I bought some aln stuff and I'm looking forward to giving it a shot. I also really like that just about this entire site backs the company, says a lot about it.

Jonathan E
04-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Like I said, not trying to be a dick at all. Was just curious since you're right, I don't know squat about the supplement industry. My history with supplementing is very limited mostly because I don't trust the industry based on what I've read. I bought some aln stuff and I'm looking forward to giving it a shot. I also really like that just about this entire site backs the company, says a lot about it.

Nothing wrong with being curious man ! Plain and simple, I've learnt it's just simple ingredients, used at effective dosages, with no bullshit.

D-RAS03
04-02-2013, 10:06 PM

http://www.wannabebig.com/supplements/whey-protein-vs-casein-protein-the-battle-continues/. Chris has a no bullshit attitude when making his products. He puts the best in all of his products. No fillers like you will see at GNC.

big ragu
04-03-2013, 05:43 AM
I'm hoping none of that came off as me being an asshole

Alex.V
04-03-2013, 10:12 AM
If so, you'd be the only non-asshole on this board. :D

I don't worry much about bioavailability, PDCAA, NPU etc. of proteins because most people take in multiple sources of amino acids- so the profile for each matters less. If you were JUST taking in ONE source of protein, whey or egg would be best. What's good about blends is that they DO tend to digest a bit more slowly- and, more than anything else, they contain a variety of amino acids, all in different ratios. Overall, it's much closer to eating real food than a single protein source- rather than, say, JUST drinking milk for protein, you're drinking milk, eating yogurt, and eating eggs.

That's why I'm a firm believer in blends.

big ragu
04-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Thank you. Here's another thought:how bad is it to drink multiple protein shakes in a day? Is it that much worse than food as your source?

ScottYard
04-03-2013, 02:51 PM
I can give you my take on why Atlarges protein is superior. It doesnt send me to the bathroom a half hour after I drink it. To me thats the best endorsemenr I can give any product. I am lactose intolerant and cheap brands tear my stomach up. Atlarge is digested very easy with out any gut issues.

Jonathan E
04-03-2013, 09:38 PM
I'm hoping none of that came off as me being an asshole

Not at all man. It's a solid question. It also prevents another person from being hypnotized by all the bullshit in the industry. : )

D-RAS03
04-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Thank you. Here's another thought:how bad is it to drink multiple protein shakes in a day? Is it that much worse than good as your source?

Some days all I have is protein shakes. As long as you get all your macros you should be fine as long as it doesn't upset your stomach. Solid food is a better choice but shakes work.

Jonathan E
04-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Solid food is a better choice but shakes work.

I'm curious why people say this. Are you taking this stance because solid protein tends to contain more Amino Acid's ? Or are you referring to something else?

D-RAS03
04-04-2013, 11:53 PM
I'm curious why people say this. Are you taking this stance because solid protein tends to contain more Amino Acid's ? Or are you referring to something else?

Just that its better to get real food for your body to digest. Also it stays in your body longer.