PDA

View Full Version : 515 x 3 Safety Bar Squats!! DEEE

Justin Randal
04-08-2013, 12:55 PM
This was last Wednesday, just a couple of days before having my bicep re attached. This bar will definitely be my best friend in the coming months as it will be one of the only ways that I can perform max effort lower body work without putting too much stress on my arm.

And yes, for me these were ass to grass (it's low as I go)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHi9ND4ugw0&list=UUZbMg05UwTZJdI5XUAH9FVA&index=1

ScottYard
04-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Nice work. This bar will def be your friend. I wish I had mine when I tore my bicep.

J_Byrd
04-09-2013, 05:42 AM
I got where I loved using mine. Good luck with the recovery!

Justin Randal
04-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Thanks guys, been pretty beat up this week from surgery but I'm looking forward to getting back in the gym on Sunday!

So I've had a few people ask me if it is harder to squat with a safety bar than with a standard bar. For me, I would say I'm about 50-75 pounds stronger with a standard bar than I am with a safety squat bar. I'm curious If this rings true for everybody or is this indicative of a weakness that I need to be addressing? Or could it just be more based on body mechanics? For instance I would assume that a lifter with a shorter torso would have a much easier time simply because they have a shorter lever. Whereas I having a bit longer torso tend to have a harder time.

So would you say that the safety squat bar is harder, easier, or the same and why do you think that is?