PDA

View Full Version : Cutting diet - look over macros

langadang
04-18-2013, 08:42 AM
So about 5 weeks ago I started to cut my cals by about 100-200 per week and slowly work more cardio in (as to not just jump right off too deep at the start). This will be my 2nd cut, but first cut actually trying to pay attention to calories of what I'm eating (first cut last summer went badly, lost too much muscle). Started my cut at 214/215# currently weigh 211/212#, I'm 6'3", guessing around 13-15% body fat from bulking. I do 5/3/1 method for weightlifting and still have made gains over the last couple weeks with dieting down.

One thing I'm worried about is my sugar intake during the day (wondering if I need to take out my gatorade at lunch).

Here is what my diet looked like yesterday http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/plang50?date=2013-04-17

This week I made pork tenderloin but 90% of the time I usually am eating grilled chicken, and I also like to eat eggs before bed time if calories allow it.

Other supps - multi, fish oil, RESULTS

I'm a production and quality manager at a family company so eating at work is VERY hard with being on the floor 95% of my day so a majority of my eating comes after work (4pm) if I can't fit it in during the day.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

langadang
04-24-2013, 09:17 AM
bump*

Holto
04-24-2013, 03:01 PM
One thing I'm worried about is my sugar intake during the day (wondering if I need to take out my gatorade at lunch).

To apply general cutting logic here I'd day that gatorade is not calories well spent. After before or during a workout have at it. Any other time of the day I would recommend using those calories on something that requires digestion. A monosaccharide simply enters the bloodstream. There isn't a single step of digestion required the first thing that happens is absorption.

Looking at your diet I see 38% of your carbs are sugar. That could be better but it's not urgent given that you're not eating a ton of carbs.

I'm a production and quality manager at a family company so eating at work is VERY hard

So is lunch the only meal at work?

langadang
04-25-2013, 09:13 AM
I really appreciate the feedback. I cut out the gatorade at lunch this week and replaced with water, but still make up for the calories with something healthy.

Typically I have to force myself to eat breakfast, I get up at 5am and usually chug water and don't have my breakfast (usually yogurt w/ a banana) till 6am when I get to work and sit down at my desk. This hour wait after waking up lets me build a little appetite. From there I don't eat lunch till 1130am. Those are the only two times at work I eat. Home by 4pm, which I'll have a small meal then and wait around an hour before I hit the gym. After that I usually just eat what I need, to fill out what I need for the day.

LuNa
05-06-2013, 05:48 AM
I really appreciate the feedback. I cut out the gatorade at lunch this week and replaced with water, but still make up for the calories with something healthy.

Typically I have to force myself to eat breakfast, I get up at 5am and usually chug water and don't have my breakfast (usually yogurt w/ a banana) till 6am when I get to work and sit down at my desk. This hour wait after waking up lets me build a little appetite. From there I don't eat lunch till 1130am. Those are the only two times at work I eat. Home by 4pm, which I'll have a small meal then and wait around an hour before I hit the gym. After that I usually just eat what I need, to fill out what I need for the day.

Sounds like Carb-backloading would fit your schedule pretty well. Its a protocol made popular by John Kiefer. Im sure you can find loads of info when you google a bit.

Bulking
05-07-2013, 07:12 PM
wrap up a measured amount of nuts and dried fruit to snack on. It's one of the best snacking foods and it's pretty simple to work out how many calories it totals.

Goll65
05-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Sounds like Carb-backloading would fit your schedule pretty well. Its a protocol made popular by John Kiefer. Im sure you can find loads of info when you google a bit.

agree