PDA

View Full Version : Ppst meet training philosphy?

ScottYard
04-19-2013, 01:08 PM
So I had my meet last month and things didnt go as planned. Instead of taking my usual few weeks off and going very light for 3-4 weeks I decided to jump back in the gym the very next week and do a conjugated type mini cycle with heavy doubles and triples. Obvisouly my strength was zapped but each week I pushed the weight as much as I could. Going into a deload week now though about to start my next meet cycle I feel pretty good. I feel like I am a month ahead of where I would normally be.

Any one else do this? Its very alien like to me but It may be my new way assuming my first meet mini cyckle goes well.

Brian Hopper
04-19-2013, 07:31 PM
I always take a week off after a meet. I've been doing that ever since I started poweifting. My first week back, I'll probably work up to 75% for about 3 sets of 5. Then my second week back I'm pretty much back to normal training. I don't think I could go 3-4 weeks of light training. This might work out well for you since it's pretty different from what you're use to.

vdizenzo
04-19-2013, 09:05 PM
I try not to take time off. That is a little easier as I am a bench only guy. I think Dave and Rhodes convinced me to take a few weeks off once. Yeah, I'm done with that.