PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Nitrean+

thecityalive
05-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Just tried it today. Having tried Dutch Chocolate and Vanilla, I'm going to just comment on the flavoring as it mixes just the same.

===

Tastes to me more like Werther's Original toffee candy than actual coffee flavor.

I wonder how it will taste with PB+oats+ (Bako Shake?)

Just some initial thoughts for now.

chris mason
05-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Really? Keep in mind it is sweetened, but to me, it 100% tastes like sweetened coffee. I've never heard the comparison to Werther's, but that is cool with me assuming you like it :D.

thecityalive
05-24-2013, 08:35 PM
I guess I don't ever sweeten my coffee ever, or have sweetened coffee packets. Yeah, its pretty good.

chris mason
05-24-2013, 09:51 PM
I guess I don't ever sweeten my coffee ever, or have sweetened coffee packets. Yeah, its pretty good.

Good :). Glad you like it!

thecityalive
06-19-2013, 01:00 AM
So after a month of tasting it:

This is probably the only protein I like with ice cubes in it. It tastes a lot like a iced coffee from Tim Horton's. I haven't tried mixing it with anything (pb, oats, fruits, etc) yet. I may brave that avenue soon. It almost feels criminal to add other flavors into this.

Pretty consistent flavor with water, almond milk, and regular milk. Same great mixing as the other ALN powders.

Also, I tried out the Turbo Shaker and EDGPro (along with this purchase)...

Turbo Shaker: I enjoy not having a wisk ball you typically see in generic shaker cups (GNC, WALMART, ETC). It certainly makes for an easy, no-bull shit, cleaning. Gets the job done. The only critique I have is the rubber top that closes the mouth of the cup. While the lid itself screws on and holds well, I feel compelled to keep my finger placed on top of it to keep anything from ejecting. Other than that, the fins built in the cup function very well and the construction is sturdy.

EGDPro: Fucking get one. If you take any of your granulated supplements on the go, you are probably familiar with the woes of getting your stuff in a bottle some how. Cut a hole in a plastic bag, make a paper funnel out of old junk mail, spoon it in...whatever. The EGDPro solves the issue of taking protein on the go, and being able to conveniently access it for your workout needs. Comes in 4 dishwasher safe parts and the best thing (AND I MEAN THE BEST) about it - the funnel interfaces perfectly with any plastic water bottle (For the moments when you are without your shaker cup and happen to have a bottle of water near). Holds about a weeks worth of powder and dispenses in 15g increments. Most ALN proteins have serving sizes of 30g. It's as easy as turning the dial twice. Impact resistant, water tight, and has my recommendation for on-the-go storage for the gym.

chris mason
06-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I think the EGD is cool as well and it was designed by some gents in the military (combat vets etc.) so that was an additional plus for me.

Thanks for your thoughts.