PDA

View Full Version : I have 3% bodyfat

GIS
07-19-2002, 11:47 PM
No, I don't but this guy on another forum claims he does. He claims that those cutting gels out there burn fat and he went from 6% to 3%. Yeah, like there are gels that if you rub it on your body, it melts the fat away. If that were the case, the whole world wouldd be using it. I wrote him back saying that he must be typing from the grave because that seems pretty darn impossible... this is what he originally wrote:

"I actually thought the stuff was pretty good. But again it's not something that will melt fat off your body. I used it to get ready for the beach went from 6.5%BF to around 3%BF in say 6weeks or so. Of course my caloric intake was very low. But I have to say that there was noticibly less fat in the target areas."

See, I hate people who make claims on any message board taht are unsupported. If you look at a few of my postings I have links to informational sites that at least back up what I'm trying to say... grrrrr..... sorry, just a pet peeve and I had to vent.

Goin_Big
07-19-2002, 11:48 PM
the gels do exist, and they will burn fat, but they aren't gonna make an obese person skinny or anything.

body
07-20-2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by GIS

"I actually thought the stuff was pretty good. But again it's not something that will melt fat off your body. I used it to get ready for the beach went from 6.5%BF to around 3%BF in say 6weeks or so. Of course my caloric intake was very low. But I have to say that there was noticibly less fat in the target areas."

beach shape at 3%bf. i did not relaise you have to be leaner on the beach than a top drug assited pro-bb show?

think if he enetered a BB show, what BF% fat he would go down to.

Shao-LiN
07-20-2002, 10:42 AM
Yeah, like there are gels that if you rub it on your body, it melts the fat away

As has been mentioned, the gels are out there and they do work. It works best in conjunction with a good workout routine, but it does help if you're trying to cut.

But at 3% body fat, I dunno how long he plans to hold his body at that bf%, don't think it's healthy.

galileo
07-20-2002, 11:06 AM
At 3% you could see striations in his ass. I'm sure the ladies love that.

Alex.V
07-20-2002, 11:57 AM
At 3% you could see striations in his f*ckin mandible. 5% is shredded beyond belief, with chiseled abs, vascularity EVERYWHERE, striated glutes, clearly deliniated serratus, etc. The best bodies I've seen on the beach are between 6-8%. 3% is better than almost anybody can get WITH DNP, thyroid meds, anabolics, etc. Those local diuretics like cutting gel won't do shite for burning fat... aminophylline is an inferior fat burner to caffeine, really.

GIS
07-20-2002, 12:28 PM
Okay, I dunno about this guy. This is in response to somebody asking how to lose weight:

"Run (do your cardio) in the morning.
at 170lbs you need <1800calories (4or5 meals) take glutamine (20g) a day.
Hyrdoycut, Xendrine are super fat loss product (BUT BE CAREFUL)
I lost 25lbs in about 65days during my cutting cycle (last year) I was 18yrs old and went from 200-to about 175 at roughly 2%bf"

Savannah
07-20-2002, 12:29 PM
B, you took the words right outta my mouth :D

GIS
07-20-2002, 12:30 PM
And this is his response to my repie to the first post I quoted in this thread:

I was measured at that. NFL players in season are measured at around 2% and 3%. And that is fact. I would suspect pro bodybuilders are the same way (competition time). The attached im at 3.8BF, I am 18 in that picture. I am 19 now. I was quanitatively giving stats regarded my use of cutting gel. And I think it is pretty good.

GIS
07-20-2002, 12:34 PM
Here's a pic of this guy. I'm not trying to dig him into the ground and he might be right, but I've never heard of 2-3% before and I'm trying to get people's opinions on the issue. If there are any professional bodybuilders/trainers in this forum PLEASE SPEAK UP on whether this guy is legit.

I decided to erase the guys face from the picture because I didn't think it was appropriate for me to put his face on some other forum. But, I accidently erased the attachment and cant access it again in this post so look a few posts down for the new attachment.

Alex.V
07-20-2002, 12:37 PM
lmao. That's hilarious. Lineman are often close to 20% bodyfat. Wide receivers and safeties, some of the leanest, rarely go below 7-8%, and that's on the LOW side. Any less than that, and their endurance suffers, they'll bruise way too easily, etc. Some people below 5-6% bruise the bottoms of their feet if they step too hard. NO professional athlete, especially not one in a full contact sport, would allow himself to go so low. That's absurd, this guy has NO clue what he's talking about.

Alex.V
07-20-2002, 12:39 PM
btw, that guy looks around 6/7-8%, maybe more, but he's so skinny and the picture's so out of focus it's hard to tell.

GIS
07-20-2002, 12:52 PM
Hmm... this is from an article on Julian Peterson, and it's a quote from him.

"Before the season, 49ers linebacker Julian Peterson had the team's lowest body-fat percentage at 1.3. Now it's 3.8."

Maybe it's not impossible??

Alex.V
07-20-2002, 12:56 PM
Impossible. BS measuring. Believe me, a lot of that is hype. No linebacker would allow himself to go so low. These guys have to hit hard. When I was at ~5% (my lowest), I would bruise my ass and tailbone if I sat down in a chair too quickly. You think somebody who smashes through 280-300 pound linemen is going to let himself lose any padding?

A lot of these guys have no idea what a true 4% looks like. You can ask any trainer or doctor who knows what he's talking about. 2-3% is essential fat around the organs. That assumes next to ZERO subcutaneous fat. That means paper-thin skin EVERYWHERE. Including your palms, soles of your feet, cheekbones, lower back, ass, big toe, etc.

body
07-20-2002, 01:19 PM
he aint3% bf unless he has 20 foot long legs made out of lead.

if he was 3% you would see deeper cuts.

though he lean.

galileo
07-20-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by body

though he lean.

and he ugly.

I must insult all who have better abs than me. Now that balance and order are restored, my guess is 7-8% as well.

GIS
07-20-2002, 07:53 PM
Here is the guy who claims 3%

Orange357
07-20-2002, 07:55 PM
wheres the pic?

GIS
07-20-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Orange357
wheres the pic?

Right above you... it works for me.

GIS
07-20-2002, 08:21 PM
Here is another picture of this guy... in this one he is in NOOOOO way 3-6%.

He gave me the addy to his web page which is where I got these two pictures.

Marcel
07-20-2002, 08:45 PM
Belial - right on mang. You speak the truth.

The dude is lean yes but 3% not even close.

Alex.V
07-20-2002, 08:56 PM
Again, I hope Fukkenshredded from AF doesn't mind me posting this, but....

This is a dry (dehydrated) 5%, give or take. I don't think our friend is 2% leaner than this.

Marcel
07-20-2002, 09:06 PM
Fukkenshredded looks fuken awesome. That's a fuken awesome physique.

GIS
07-20-2002, 09:07 PM
Where'd you get that pic and do you know the guy? Is AF taht Abercrombie and Fitch?

This guy who is posting this stuff apparently modeled for them... hehehe, maybe they know eachother. ;)

Alex.V
07-20-2002, 09:17 PM
No. Anabolic Fitness. Another web site.

Behemoth
07-20-2002, 10:09 PM
Here is another picture of this guy... in this one he is in NOOOOO way 3-6%.

From the small portion of that guys body that you can see, he looks exactly like me, and I had always estimated myself to be about 11%

syntekz
07-21-2002, 07:55 AM
I'd guess like 10-12% BF. You can't even see any striations on this guy.

Flyersfan
07-21-2002, 06:58 PM
Tell the guy he's a troll. There's almost no definition/striation in his obliques! And his shoulders should be absolutely shredded.

Like the other's said - good abs, decent body, maybe 8% bf.

Kayak_boy
07-21-2002, 10:33 PM
And he wears dodgy headbands!!!:D

Clark
07-22-2002, 02:06 AM
Nowhere near 3%.

As far as the football players go, Eric Crouch probably has the lowest bf of any NFL player and his is at about 7%, so those claims are definitely ridiculous.

GIS
07-22-2002, 02:10 AM
Sterling Sharpe has 6% and he's known for his bodybuilding physique

What do pro bodybuilders have for bodyfat % during competition?

Clark
07-22-2002, 02:13 AM
I'd guess 3-4% for competetion.

jc_az
07-22-2002, 12:43 PM
I have striations in my chest, back, shoulders, arms, a decent 6-pack, separation in my quads, etc. and I'm 10%.

No way this guy is 3%, but who the hell cares ? Maybe he has a math problem. Maybe he's full of himself ? Who is he anyway and why are we even discussing this ?

How is it relevant to what we are trying to accomplish ? Sounds like a bunch of people whining to me.

likesitrough
07-22-2002, 01:50 PM
im with everyone else there is no way this guy is at 3% im at 11% and look more cut than he does. btw that fukken guy i send my props to him, i need to work way hard to obtain what he has

Paul Stagg
07-22-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by jc_az
I have striations in my chest, back, shoulders, arms, a decent 6-pack, separation in my quads, etc. and I'm 10%.

No way this guy is 3%, but who the hell cares ? Maybe he has a math problem. Maybe he's full of himself ? Who is he anyway and why are we even discussing this ?

How is it relevant to what we are trying to accomplish ? Sounds like a bunch of people whining to me.

Well said.

who cares what some kid on the internet says.

he's lying. so what.

if it bothers you, quit posting wherever it is.

GIS
07-22-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by jc_az

I was mainly trying to get some feedback on what % this guy is for reference. He's got about the same definition as I and I had a recent BF test that I felt was really innaccurate at 5-6%.

Nobody said you had to read or reply to the thread and there are pleanty of postings that are more irrevelent and pointless than this one on this forum.

the_hall
07-23-2002, 06:21 AM
the guy who wears the visor should stop cutting and try to put on a little bit of muscle IMO then he will have something so show when he gets down to 1% again.

Natural Animal
07-23-2002, 08:12 AM
Fukk.jpg

Aptly named,

his body looks like one of those roman iron breastplates for soldiers.

The 3% bf guy is a ******, I hope he falls in a barrel of butter and eats it all until he is up to around the 3.01% mark.

geoffgarcia
07-23-2002, 10:40 AM
Ok, so the guy isn't 3%, you guys are still being pretty rough on him.
He isn't flexing so its tough to tell what kinda bf he has, he could be anywhere from 7-11% I'd guess.

The guy flexing is probably in the 5-7% range I'm guessing.

If your looking for people with low bodfat look at track athletes. I don't think there is a group of people with lower bodyfat that 100, 200 and 400 meter runners. I'd guess avg is around 3-4% bf, and not just for competitions.Just pull up a picture of any NCAA D1 sprinter, they might not have the muscle size of a BB, but they are as cut.

body
07-23-2002, 02:20 PM
i do not think runner are as cut as pro-bbers.

have you seen the likes of andrez muntzer? though he dead.