PDA

View Full Version : anybody train with reactive training system ?

xolix
06-03-2013, 06:28 AM
now there are different training templates , frequency based and fatique based ones. any examples here ?

really different views in training imo ... squating 3 x a week bencheing 4 times.. its not easy (for me) to get all that stuff in my head to get agood starting template .

any thoughts ?

Rock1984
06-03-2013, 07:52 AM
I've started working with Mike last february.

So far, so good: PR's all across (you can check my log out, under my old nick Marcorock).
It IS a lot of hard work, but if you can keep your ego in check, the prescribed RPE will keep you where you need to be.

I have to say, I took all the "thinking" away: Mike's doing the programming, so there's not much left to thinker.

The key element is fatigue management: if you peruse Mike's site, he explains the concept pretty well.

xolix
06-04-2013, 12:13 AM
thanks , are you doing a 3 day split ? or how is the groundstructure ? do you use 3 week volumeblocks followed by 3 week intensity ? or how do you ...or mike choose your set/rep sheme ?

Rock1984
06-04-2013, 01:42 AM
In my case, up to now and at least until next October, it's all up to Mike.

The template is split over 4 days:

Day 1: Main squat/ bench variation/ bench assistance
Day 2: Main DL/ bench variation/ squat assistance
Day 3: Main bench/ bench variation/ squat variation
Day 4: DL variation/ bench variation/ DL assistance

In all the main exercises, you go up to a single (usually @9), then drop a prescried % and hit the prescribed rep work, that's cycled through the weeks (4s, 3s, 2s...) up to the dsired/planned RPEs and fatigue.
For the other lifts, it works the same except you ramp up using reps, there's no heavy single before.

There are definitely volume and intensity phases, but the difference is not so clear cut: Mike tends to keep your intensity pretty high throughout, and manage volume via fatigue %s.

xolix
06-04-2013, 05:56 AM
ok, have you restdays between the workouts 1-4 ? and on fatiquepercents ... 5 % ? or more ? changing each week or each cycle ?