PDA

View Full Version : Not sure I'm contest ready...... seeking feedback.

Iplan
06-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Alright, well I'm 45. I've been lifting for awhile in a haphazard manner, but it wasn't until I found wannabebig.com that things clicked. Thanks Chris!

Starting Strength ~ which I first read about here ~ was a Godsend, as "the bulk" was the missing ingredient in my workout schedule.

So, I bulked to 225, in about 6 months.

Then I hung out at that weight for a year and a half in "no man's land." I was too scared to get up to 265 lbs, because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get back down to a reasonable weight, and none of my clothes fit ~~~~ so I just hung out there. All the while, I did get stronger.

Finally, last summer, at the encouragement of a friend, and an article that was posted up here that basically said, "You can't call yourself a body builder unless you've actually completed in a body building contest" I decided I'd try to compete.

If nothing else the cutting process would tell me if if I could get rid of the fat if I ever did decide to bulk.

I started cutting last fall from a weight of 225.

I've included a shot at 225 and few progress pictures along the way.

Now here's the deal: my first BB contest is scheduled 11 days from today (June 15).

I originally thought I'd be in contest condition at 190 lbs. I'm at 190 now, and I still have a ways to go before I really am lean (maybe another 15 lbs).

I was considering competing anyway, and using this experience as a trial run for another contest later in the summer ~ perhaps August.

The last pic is from today ~ at 190.

Thoughts?