PDA

View Full Version : Pre-workout: Why 30 minutes to1 hour before?

synonymous
06-14-2013, 08:55 AM
Does it take that long for it to become effective? I notice about 10-15 minutes after drinking that I'm feeling 'good to go'. Is this an individual thing or is there science behind it?

Also, I don't get as much of a 'kick' as I did when first using it. Still good though, helps me push through my sessions at the gym or work.

JohnnyRingo
06-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Everyone is different I believe. My buddy takes his an hour before for it to be most effective, I take mine right when I walk in the gym. Takes about 7 minutes to "kick in". I don't get any energy but I know it kicks in because I start sweating my face off. You also build tolerance to stims so they lose their kick after a while. Take a week or 2 off and try again and the original kick will be back.

FearFactory
06-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Simple carbs 30 mins prior and during >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any stim.

Don't rely on stims for gym energy. They are ok now and again if you had a rough day and need the boost.

Buy a big tub of dextrose and mix about 40g with a scoop or two of whey 30-60 mins before going. Then take another 40g with you mixed with water and some flavoring. Be amazed.

chris mason
06-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Does it take that long for it to become effective? I notice about 10-15 minutes after drinking that I'm feeling 'good to go'. Is this an individual thing or is there science behind it?

Also, I don't get as much of a 'kick' as I did when first using it. Still good though, helps me push through my sessions at the gym or work.

I recommend an hour because that is a timeframe that works for the greatest number of individuals. You can certainly do less if you like.

synonymous
06-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Everyone is different I believe. My buddy takes his an hour before for it to be most effective, I take mine right when I walk in the gym. Takes about 7 minutes to "kick in". I don't get any energy but I know it kicks in because I start sweating my face off. You also build tolerance to stims so they lose their kick after a while. Take a week or 2 off and try again and the original kick will be back.

It's so hot now I start breaking into a sweat just changing into my gym clothes. Still, the 1 hour mark seems to be working. Just wondering if there was more to it. I've got a scheduled break from the gym in a couple of weeks. Will be off pre-workout during that time. I'll see if I get any of that 'kick' back after the break.

Simple carbs 30 mins prior and during >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any stim.

Don't rely on stims for gym energy. They are ok now and again if you had a rough day and need the boost.

Buy a big tub of dextrose and mix about 40g with a scoop or two of whey 30-60 mins before going. Then take another 40g with you mixed with water and some flavoring. Be amazed.

Can't get dextrose where I am at. I'm also pre-diabetic...my tolerance to simple carbs is not great. I use a glucose monitor to make sure I stay within a normal range. I have a tub of Results waiting to be used. I'm waiting until August when I have more time off to focus on tmyself to see what my tolerance is to it.

I recommend an hour because that is a timeframe that works for the greatest number of individuals. You can certainly do less if you like.

Thanks. I've been sticking to 1 hour. It works.