PDA

View Full Version : Quest For Redemption

Im14SoWut
06-30-2013, 03:28 AM
I have decided that it is time for me to get myself back to the guy I used to be(and then surpass him). I was a football player and I did some power lifting, but I let myself get caught up in addiction. I was doing a lot if hard drugs and I was drinking so much that on some nights I could put a half gallon away on my own. It cost me the most important thing in the world to me at that time(football) and after that I just gave up. At the time I was ranging from 230-240 (and roughly 5'11) and was pretty fit. My leg press was over 1000lbs, I was benching 240, and I was doing my forearm curls with 70lb dumb bells.

Today I am between 6' and 6'1 and right around 300lbs. I haven't been in a gym since moving cross country in December of 2011. I have been eating whatever sounds good at the time in huge portions. This has got to change.

There are two major reasons that this has got to change; 1) I have a a passion for being out in the woods and panting by the time I get 1/4 mile up a mountain is getting ridiculous and 2) my sex life has really gone down hill since I let myself go. I am clean and sober at this point so it is time to take the next step in reclaiming my life. Wish me luck!

Will update tomorrow with my diet and workout routine.

Im14SoWut
07-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Today was terrible. I woke up late, so no time for a morning run and I only walked around a mile at work. I can't get started in the gym until later this week, so no workout today.

Food was no better. The day started off decent, but it went to shit by the time I got to the end of my shift.

Meal 1 - Muscle Milk
Meal 2 - A banana and a small green salad
Meal 3 - teriyaki chicken, green salad, oriental vegetable mix.
Meal 4 - Muscle Milk
Meal 5 - Bagel and cream cheese

Tomorrow should be a lot better. I get to sleep in a little bit. I will be doing some ab work in the AM, dinner with my mom at 5, and then off to do a bit of camping. That will give me a chance to do a bit of hiking with my dog (in between the fishing, expending some ammo, and sitting by the fire of course). Definitely not a productive day, but it isn't the end of the world. I can pick up the pieces tomorrow and carry on.