PDA

View Full Version : Builking up

grangehill
07-20-2002, 07:01 PM
I've got a question for you guys. I've been working out for a couple of years now but I just can't seem to get any bigger!

I've increased what I eat. Porridge for breakfast, then scramble egg, chicken for lunch, protein shake and then more chicken or beef for dinner with plenty of vegetables.

I'm quite toned but I just can't seem to increase my body mass.

Anyone got any tips?

Cheers

Orange357
07-20-2002, 07:01 PM
eat more

grangehill
07-20-2002, 07:20 PM
Like, how much more?

Breakfast - Big bowl of porridge

Glass of orange juice

Banana

Mid morning - Three scrambled eggs

I then work out

Protein shake

Lunch - Chicken breast with vegetables

Evening meal - Chicken stirfry or Beef.

Apple, orange

Is this not enough?

Orange357
07-20-2002, 07:26 PM
definatly not enough..too low on protein, good carbs and fats

GIS
07-20-2002, 07:41 PM
I weigh 170 pounds but try to eat 225 grams of protien... your numbers arn't nearly enough. Eat 2 chicken breasts at a time, add another meal, and drink a low car protein shake right before going to bed.

HOWEVER, I always ate enough but got stuck with not being able to grow much like you. That's when I had to change the way I worked out, so I reccomend posting your weekly workout routine for critique.

Behemoth
07-21-2002, 10:54 PM
I weigh 170 pounds but try to eat 225 grams of protien... your numbers arn't nearly enough. Eat 2 chicken breasts at a time, add another meal, and drink a low car protein shake right before going to bed.

Why low carb? He trying to gain size remember, and no the carbs overnight do not automatically mean fat. protein shake would definetly not be a prime choice of overnight nutrients. You want the slowest digested protein and carbs you can find, and thats most likely not going to be in a protein shake.
My favorite bedtime snack is outmeal and cottage cheese (separate). Mmmmm, don't be afraid to make this meal big either, after all your not going to be eating for another... well however long you sleep.