PDA

View Full Version : Knee Sleeves

SEOINAGE
08-21-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm looking at picking up some sleeves I can wear in training as well as raw competition.

Supposedly people get a little bit out of them. I have read about this here before but can't find a specific topic on it.

Anderson powerlifting has some what appear to be new sbd sleeves, as well as their what appear to be shorter older version. Both are 7 mm thickness.

Rehband makes a nice pair but are 5 mm thickness.

I always am price conscience, andersons are 60 and 90 a pair, and rehbands are about 40 each.

But the question is, is there anything better about the sbd or rehbands over the basic anderson ones? And will I have any benefit to my squat using the more expensive option? Since we are talking 30 dollars difference to use whatever gives a bigger advantage obviously 30 bucks doesn't mean much, but is longer simply better? or is 7 mm better than 5 mm? I just don't know what translates into "better." I could understand comfort and feel as well as performance would be nice, but without owning all how would you know this. So I am open to opinions, preferably unbiased but understand some are sponsored here. thanks

SEOINAGE
08-21-2013, 03:33 PM
older rehbands are 7mm I see, and still available.

ZenMonkey
09-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Check out Tommy Kono sleeves... I used to use those regularly. I would not expect to get anything out of them other than keeping your knees warm and slightly compressed.

Brian Hopper
09-12-2013, 04:51 PM
The only knee sleeve that you'll possibly get any carry over from are the EFS Super Heavy knee sleeves. The Rehbands and Titan sleeves are more for comfort. I haven't tried the new SBD sleeves that Ken sells. But from what I've heard, they are just like Rehbands and Titan, just longer.

SEOINAGE
09-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the input guys, i figured the SBD were just the same but longer. I ended up getting the older rehbands, don't feel like any carryover but my knees stay extremely hot, not sure if it is a bad thing but it's hard to feel when my knee is acting up with them on, but i feel it later.