PDA

View Full Version : Drop sets, neuro-overload and CNS?

synonymous
09-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Alright, this is day 3 for me with MI40 (Going into they gym at night for quads and calves). I have NOT applied HIIT yet as my body won't let me. In fact, I seem to be having some pains, headaches and such that I wondered if someone could chime in on...could this be my CNS reacting to the sudden change in diet and overload during drop sets?

By change in diet I mean eating protein/fat breakfast instead of protein/carb...and eating protein/carb for most of the day and only consuming more fats towards the end of the day.

Also, and I think Allen mentioned this in his most recent post, drop sets? Are these sets where you bring your arms (if you're training arms) to the point you can no longer even lift the tiniest bit of weight? A neuro-overload? And is this a MUST for ALL lifters when trying to increase muscle size, not necessarily to lift heavier?

And...if this is my body's CNS reacting, would I be better backing off the workload or is this something that I'll soon catch up with? I feel great after the gym...right after...but later in the day I start to feel the soreness (Earlier than normal) and when it's in your shoulders, you get headaches, and I hate headaches. Going in for a massage tomorrow.

Allen Cress
09-10-2013, 08:10 AM
It is very CNS demanding. My advice is to back off the total volume a bit and increase rest periods. Also Cut back on the amount of Drop sets in a given day. then build up as you go and depending on how your body is handling everything.

synonymous
09-10-2013, 08:28 AM
It is very CNS demanding. My advice is to back off the total volume a bit and increase rest periods. Also Cut back on the amount of Drop sets in a given day. then build up as you go and depending on how your body is handling everything.

Did that today. I will be doing week 1 over again next week and work my way up to a point where I feel like I can handle a complete week 1 without feeling 'bad'.

Another thing I noticed is that right after exercising, I'm taking in about 50 grams of protien (Nitrean) and suppose to get in another 50 grams in the form of a proper meal with carbs (1:1 ratio). Going home I don't feel a lot of hunger, almost none really, then when I get home the hunger hits like nothing else. It's probably my most favorite meal of the day in terms of feeling good while eating. I could overdo it if I'm not careful, that's how hungry I feel.

Tomorrow is my off-day. Tomorrow I get a massage.