PDA

View Full Version : Powerlifting Resources for a newb

Yamar
09-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Hello all,

I want to compete raw in an untested federation.

Can anyone point me to resources in regards to how to find a federation/meet?

Ever time I find a meet near my area I do additional research and find it is either tested or allows equipment etc..

I am willing to do some research. I am just looking for a comprehensive resource where I can compare federations, get feedback on federations etc..

Thank You

Brian Hopper
09-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Try this:
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/4421

Where are you located?

Yamar
09-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Try this:
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/4421

Where are you located?

THanks man. Going there now.

I am located in Northeast PA. I know a few guys around here who compete in USAPL but I was on their site and they are all about drug free.

Brian Hopper
09-10-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm pretty sure you can find some IPA and RPS meets by you.

Yamar
09-10-2013, 05:55 PM
This site was helpful.

Is this information accurate?
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/compare-federations

Here I can see what feds don't test, raw vs. geared etc..

Brian Hopper
09-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Iron Sport is hosting a UPA meet November 16th in Glenolden, PA., not sure how far you are from there. But that should be a good one.

Brian Hopper
09-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Yeah, it looks pretty accurate. At least the ones I'm familiar with are, lol.

joey54
09-11-2013, 04:50 AM
RPS has tons of meets around this area and offers multiple divisions which you can do untested. Gene runs really good meets from the ones I have done and gone to.

Yamar
09-11-2013, 10:12 AM
RPS has tons of meets around this area and offers multiple divisions which you can do untested. Gene runs really good meets from the ones I have done and gone to.

Indeed. They have one in Lancaster, PA and Newark NJ.

Both are within a 90 min drive.

Thank you kind sir.

Yamar
09-12-2013, 11:56 AM

Crap I was just reading the rules and found this:
"this division is a a drug-free division. Any lifter under suspicion of drug use will be required to undergo a urinalysis test. All Amateur lifters must be prepared to provide a sample of their urine after competing if randomly chosen"

I do not meet the pro standards so I would have to compete as an amateure.

Sucks because they have a lot of meets in my general area.

Brian Hopper
09-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Crap I was just reading the rules and found this:
"this division is a a drug-free division. Any lifter under suspicion of drug use will be required to undergo a urinalysis test. All Amateur lifters must be prepared to provide a sample of their urine after competing if randomly chosen"

I do not meet the pro standards so I would have to compete as an amateure.

Sucks because they have a lot of meets in my general area.

I think if you compete in the open division they don't drug test. If I were you, I would contact Gene and just ask him. Do you have any APF meets around your area?