PDA

View Full Version : Bone Spur in shoulder

jmccown
12-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Was just diagnosed with a bone spur in my shoulder. Doc gave me a cortisone injection but it has worn off in two weeks and is painful again. Wondering if anyone has had the procedure done of having it removed and what your recovery time was, and finally if you have full functionality afterward.

Mark!
12-30-2013, 06:04 PM
Are you just doing the outpatient surgery? My brother had one removed in his shoulder before having the other shoulder replaced, he was doing light stuff within 2-3 days and he was back to normal (for him) within a week. With lifting you may want to give it a little more than a week, but from experience with him recovery was really quick and easy.

jmccown
01-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Are you just doing the outpatient surgery? My brother had one removed in his shoulder before having the other shoulder replaced, he was doing light stuff within 2-3 days and he was back to normal (for him) within a week. With lifting you may want to give it a little more than a week, but from experience with him recovery was really quick and easy.

Going in for surgery this Friday to get spur removed finally. Man this thing has been such a burden over last 3 months. Anyhow, doc says I can get back to lifting within a couple days, with provisions of not sweating too much around the stitches and risking infection. This is all contingent on him not finding any others issues when he goes in. Hope it all goes well cause I have a meet 5 weeks after the surgery where I have every intention of finally pulling 800 in a meet.

ScottYard
01-28-2014, 04:13 PM
Good luck!

jmccown
02-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Just wanted to put this update out there for future reference. Surgery went well, first night was extremely painful. Ended up having 2 spurs removed from my shoulder. I was able to do some light lifting 2 days post surgery and 5 days later pain continues to subside and now have full range of motion. I have done some shoulder rehab exercises, light DB bench and last night done some deadlifts up to 400 pounds with good success. Was afraid to go any heavier for fear of tearing stitches loose. So far so good.

vdizenzo
02-06-2014, 07:08 AM
Glad it's working out so far. Don't push it too hard too fast. Everything always feels great until that last set where it doesn't. Hang in there.

Travis Bell
02-06-2014, 10:13 AM
^ what he said